Stuart Wade, Envision Virtual Tours
Mountain Reflections on Lake Burton
Recently renovated both inside and out, this 5 bedroom, 5.5 bath home with sweeping views of Lake Burton is fit for entertaining large crowds. The open floor plan features a spacious great room with a 2-story stacked stone fireplace, abundant natural ligthing, dining for 10+ and a large chef's kitchen with granite countertops, custom cabinets to house every utensil, exposed beams and access to a lakeside porch. Three sets of french doors open to a magnificent curved veranda accented by columns. Western sunsets make this the place to be in the cool evenings watching the sun reflect off the jewel tone water. A private master bedroom on the main floor provides access to the covered porch. The master bath features a double vanity with granite countertops, built-in storage drawers and cabinets, jetted tub and seperate shower. Spacious guest bedrooms feature private baths and lake views. Mature landscaping including an incredible array of pink and purple rhododendron, eyebrow windows, columns and curved porches highlight the newly painted exterior.
The terrace level features a second family room/rec room with a stacked stone fireplace, wet bar, and a wall of triple french doors that open to a lakeside stone terrace. Two additional guest bedrooms with full baths also have access to the terrace patio. A large laundry room and gym/art studio with outside entrance, double sink and ample storage completes the terrace level.
Lake Burton is a unique Life Style. Cherry Lane is a paved street accessed by 4 single family homes. This home features a private, gated driveway off Cherry Lane. There is not a homeowner’s association, there are no fees or dues. Over 800 lake properties are managed and leased by the Georgia Power Company.
Location is a major advantage for this property with close proximity to Clayton, the hospital, Waterfall Country Club, the Appalachian Trail, shopping, quaint restaurants and only about a 45 minute drive to Highlands, N.C. This house is located on deep water and has breathtaking lake and mountain views that will capture your heart!
• 5 bedrooms and 5 ½ baths
• All bathrooms have new updated granite counter tops.
• 2 fireplaces ( 1 gas non vent logs and 1 wood burning with gas starter and built in wood storage)
• Both fireplaces have raised hearths.
• House has poured concrete walls with reinforced steel.
• All Floor trusses were engineered for proper application.
• During construction the house and grounds were pre-treated for termites. The house is inspected for termites annually. To date, no termites have been found. The termite bond is with American Pest control out of Toccoa, GA.
• The main entrance has double Mahogany leaded glass door. All other exterior doors and windows are deluxe Anderson thermo pane. All Anderson windows are tilt out for easy inside cleaning. Windows have Planter shutter and/or wood blinds.
• All lake side doors are 8 feet. Doors have triple locks and are adjustable for the best fit.
• All exterior walls have house wrap and heavy insulation- R-17 for walls and R 30 in the attic.
• House has 3 levels. Each level has its own Trane High Efficiency Weathertron heat pump XE 1200. The 2 units for the main and basement levels also have dual fuel, propane gas for extra heat if needed.
• Beam Central Vacuum system for all 3 levels.
• All 3 levels are wired for Stereo speakers as well as the main level outside deck.
• All ceilings are 10 ft. or higher.
• Bar sinks have granite counter tops
*Brand new (2014) roof with HD architectural shingles has transferable lifetime warranty
-Double Mahogany lead glass doors
-2 lead glass side windows
-Marble floor, heavy moldings, tray ceiling
-Vaulted wood ceiling with multi light chandelier
-Doors can be adjusted in many different positions for easy operations
-Anderson Windows and doors
-All doors facing lake side are 8 ft. doors
-Planter shutters in all windows on main floor
-Vaulted ceiling with beadboard and exposed beams
-Custom Gillespie cabinets with space for every utensil
-Large kitchen island with breakfast bar
-Granite counter tops with plenty of prep space
-Access to lakeside porch
-Central Vac and crumb catcher
-GE Monogram Fridge
-Kitchenaid built in oven and microwave
-Jen-air 4 burner gas stove with exhaust
-Kitchenaid trash compactor
-Scotsman Ice Machine
-Over and under counter accent lighting
-Heavy Molding, hardwood flooring,
-Plantation shutters on bedroom French doors opening to deck
-Granite counter tops with double sinks
-Separate shower with glass door and delta shower system
-14 drawer built-in cabinets for clothing
-Two bedrooms, each with full baths, tile floors, double vanities, granite countertops, ample closets and linen closets
-Spacious family room with stone fireplace and wet bar
-Guest bedroom with full bath
-Office with full bath
-Art studio or exercise room with double sink
-Separate tool room
-Laundry room/utility room with tile floors and cabinets
-Covered stone terrace with access to boathouse
-Two stall for up to 25 ft. boat
-2 electric boat lifts
-Large deck on top of boathouse with ½ covered roof
-Large storage area for boat supplies