kimgiles

Paint for light grey roof

Kim Giles
11 år siden
Hello, I need to repaint my house but am having trouble because of my roof color. Most of the houses in my neighborhood that have a pale grey roof are white. I refuse to paint my house white and am looking for other options. Right now I am leaning towards a med/dark grey white framing and a vibrant door. what would you suggest?

(13) kommentarer

• houssaon
    11 år siden
    How about a blue color with white trim? This is a nice blue that would look great with your roof:
    Folk Victorian in Blue · Mere information
    This is anohter shade of blue that would look good:
    Craftsman Cottage - Rosedale Ave · Mere information

If you have a wood door in a natural wood finish, I would keep it, since it looks really nice and a bright color door is not really seen from the street anyway.
  • Aja Mazin
    11 år siden
    Light grey or blue grey with a black door!
    or
    Farrow & Ball Down Pipe with Blue Gray trim and a Hague Blue door.
  • Kim Giles
    Forfatter
    11 år siden
    @aja I love the last picture, slightly lighter. I've been worried that grey and grey blue that looks great on siding would look cold or drab on stucco.
  • mmilos
    11 år siden
    Be careful going too dark of color on the stucco, especially if you live in a sunny climate with little insulation in the walls. Dark stucco walls absorb a lot of radiant heat.

I like your yellow house. I would keep it yellow and paint the trim white. Paint the front door black to update it a bit. Get a larger black finish porch light.
  • Aja Mazin
    11 år siden
    Kim Giles,

I think it would like great on stucco, but I agree that the colours must be lighter.

I am sorry I could not find a more suitable photo.
  • Kim Giles
    Forfatter
    11 år siden
    @aja I had trouble finding good stucco examples as well.
    @mmilos good advice since I'm in San Diego. I do plan on adding a lot of foundation planting to help shade the house a bit more.
  • Aja Mazin
    11 år siden
    Actually the picture I posted could very well be stucco.
  • Aja Mazin
    11 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}11 år siden
    It's stucco!

The house is discussed on The Challenge of Exterior Paint Colours by Kora Sevier in Architectural colour, Exterior paint colours, Farrow and Ball!!!

http://ksevier.wordpress.com/2010/05/
  • kathleen MK
    11 år siden
    Find a color that works with the wood stain on the fence. The yellow with white trim works.A light sage or moss green would work with creamy trim. A with a gray or taupe in a warm shade you could do dark trim.
  • PRO
    K Colour Architectural Colour Consultation
    11 år siden
    Kora Sevier from K Colour here.

Kim, hire a professional to help you. There's a reason why people such as myself exist. Choosing colours for an exterior is tricky business. You don't want to get it wrong because you're going to have to live with it for a long time. So are your neighbours. Google color consultants in your area or go to your local paint store and ask if they can recommend someone.
    It's well worth the investment. Good luck.

Aja, thanks for the credit!
  • Aja Mazin
    11 år siden
    Kora Sevier from K Colour,

You have fans in Florida!!!
  • knitz
    7 år siden

I favor the yellow over any gray. Would you consider a more vibrant yellow with terracotta floor tile on the front porch? I like the wood front door, but can't see the condition of the wood. Your house is cute and puts me in the mind of fiesta / salsa colors. I'm also a fan of tiled front porches in areas that do not have freezing temps. Would love to see a photo of your finished product.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.