jmlbeaujour

dress gap in between wood beam

jmlbeaujour
8 år siden

Hi,

I am renovating a bedroom closet. Initially, the beams (which seem to be load-bearing beam) were covered with drywal (1st img). I removed the drywall, exposed the beam, dressed them with plywood with a oak/white finish (as shown here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gm6NH7b5cSw).

I want to add something (wooden plates, mirror, tainted glass panels??) at the back of the beams, in the gaps between the 2 vertical beams. I'd like to get some suggestions.

Thanks

(4) kommentarer

• apple_pie_order
    8 år siden

Do you have an inspiration photo you are working toward?

• jmlbeaujour
    Forfatter
    8 år siden

Unfortunately, I do not.

The end project should look like a closet splitted in 2 parts: left side will have a built-in wardrobe (with drawers and shelves), the other side will be cloth hanging area (2 levels). The wardrobe will be open to the room (no doors), and the cloth hanging area will use a sliding barn door white with a mirror. The bedroom is small so using light colors and mirror to increase the volume.

• PRO
    American Building Concepts
    8 år siden

So here's maybe an unconventional idea, leave the openings the way they are, put the hang up bar in line with the big beam so you don't see it from the outside and set up 1-2 strips of LED lights behind the upper beam on a dimmer. Could look kinda cool with lights in behind it.

• jmlbeaujour
    Forfatter
    8 år siden

a light fixture is a very good idea, and will be very useful too. Thanks.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.