foodie63

Living room decor advice

foodie63
8 år siden
sidst ændret:8 år siden

I'd love some advice on some accents or furniture that could help tie my living room together. Our hand-me-down furniture feels disconnected in terms of color and style. The sofa is a bit more formal than I would prefer but we're going to keep it for a while as we have two toddlers who are tough on furniture. I'm also open to new furniture layout as this is an open living - dining - kitchen space and right now the sofa defines the living area. I prefer the style of the kitchen a little more country than the modern art that I have going on in the living room.

(8) kommentarer

• foodie63
    Forfatter
    8 år siden

Thank you so much for your suggestions! I love the end tables and a green adding some curtains would tie the room together. I like your suggestion as well to add some chairs on the other side of the living room. Thank you!

• Architectural Notice
    8 år siden

The blue pillows and small chair/ottoman don't seem to go with the artwork over the fireplace. I would change one or the other.

• Maureen
    8 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}8 år siden

Keep the couch where it is and move in closer/on carpet + add a console table behind (and add baskets underneath for storage) and move the single chairs to either side of fireplace + ottoman in middle. I would make a dedicated play area along the wall to the right and would bring in the colors from your art with lots of pillows and maybe a throw. If you can find another place for your rug and I would use a natural fibre rug and bamboo roman blinds. I can't find a good example of the look, but thought the elements of the picture below may help - rustic/modern look with pops of color, lots of pillows, large baskets for toys, casual accessories, etc.

Updated Classics: Today's Traditional Design · Mere information

foodie63 thanked Maureen
  • PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    8 år siden

foodie63 thanked BeverlyFLADeziner
  • PRO
    Be-Leaf Design, llc
    8 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}8 år siden

Hi foodie63! What a fun challenge! I appreciated Nancy Ingram's advice and vision for you! I took the challenge of her visual layout to give you different options! Until you are ready to change out the hand-me-downs you can add small pieces that reflect your own style. For window treatment, try drapes that pull from one side only and add woven natural (cordless) Roman blinds. How about an ottoman and side table in fun aqua colors? The ottoman can be moved from the center to the side in front of tv for extra seating when entertaining. Updating the floor lamp helps tie the natural color of the blinds and the sofa table together. The star of the show is replacing your art with a family photo collage!

foodie63 thanked Be-Leaf Design, llc
  • PRO
    foodie63 thanked Be-Leaf Design, llc
  • Lila
    8 år siden

Agree that your furniture looks pretty good. Your sofa is a style I am seeing in Urban Barn and West Elm. The thing I love the most in your room is the artwork over the fireplace. Please keep it. Change out your decorative cushions for others that pull the colours from the artwork.

foodie63 thanked Lila
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.