emmelinewe

Your best solutions for open-plan living spaces

Emmeline Westin
8 år siden

In our recent Kitchen Trends Study we found that the majority of
renovating homeowners are making their kitchens more open to other living spaces, with
35% of kitchens completely open to other interior spaces post ­renovation.

Open-plan spaces can be quite tricky to keep neat and clutter-free, which is why I'm turning to you for help. Do you have any good tips for keeping your space spotless. Perhaps you've invested in hiding solutions, sliding doors, or cupboards that keep everything in one place?

Share here please!

Hampton Court Contemporary Kitchen · Mere information

(7) kommentarer

• PRO
    Fisher Tomlin & Bowyer
    8 år siden
    As you can see in this picture you can distract from any untidy kitchen with a fabulous view of the outside!
  • Katie Wilkinson
    8 år siden
    Storage storage storage! I'm a bit of a hoarder, so we have really gone to town with the amount of built in storage.
    Also a cupboard with sockets in the back allows us to keep the toaster etc tucked away and not on the counter.
  • Julia Butterfield
    8 år siden
    To keep all the surfaces smooth and uncluttered have a walk in larder keeping the same sleek lines of the cupboards.
  • June Hulton
    8 år siden
    I do agree with all saying storage is paramount.. If you are purchasing furniture and items for your home, use the theory of how many people will be there.. Do you need six chairs when there is only normally the two of you... Improvise.. But we also hoard things that haven't been used in days or weeks. Sometimes months... My Mum had a a theory if it's not used within 6 months you don't need it... I have always tried to do the same.. A tidy home is a tidy mind. Makes your life so much easier.. Never be a slave to your home. Tidy as you go.. Use it move it.. Then you won't have to spend time cleaning and you can enjoy more of a life... Life is to short to spend time looking for things.. And after all.. If it has a place you will find it immediately... Simplest things that's it....
  • PRO
    Conneely Wessels Architects
    7 år siden

Another good sugggestion is to raise the surround of the island unit-and create a bar height counter top. It not only provides additional seating/dining space, but also hides all the dirty dishes, pots and pans from view.

• PRO
    Topology Interiors
    7 år siden

We offer virtual interior design services starting from £75 if you want to speak to one of our designers about this. www.topologylondon.co.uk

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.