sue_nadell

Can you tell me more about this oven hood? ie: manufacturer.

Sue Nadell
8 år siden
We have a vintage stove and we're looking for our hood to compliment the style.
Highland Park Craftsman · Mere information

(3) kommentarer

• PRO
    Julia Chasman Design
    8 år siden

OK -- this is a built-in design, that I have used before. The good news is you can use any good-quality oven hood that vents to the ceiling. You must have access to the roof or other venting to the outdoors. You choose your hood, and then design the framing around it. This one is very simple -- just drywall framing in a simple angled design -- only three pieces of wall required. Once you have framed it it and installed the metal air extractor inside, you make sure the edges are sealed, so that there is no air escaping around the sides. Then you choose some simple wood molding -- as large or small as you like -- and install it around the three sides of the oven hood cover. Paint your molding to match your trim, and the hood cover the same as the walls, and you have an easy very custom look. I like to create a little shelf around the three sides with the molding so I can put little objets and pictures to decorate -- and change them when they need cleaning or I get tired of them. See the same look in the Santa Monica Spanish house I did:

Santa Monica Spanish · Mere information

Sue Nadell thanked Julia Chasman Design
  • Sue Nadell
    Forfatter
    8 år siden

Thank you! I really appreciate your reply (and so fast too!) -Sue

• PRO
    Julia Chasman Design
    8 år siden
    Sue Nadell -- I would love to help you with your kitchen. Vintage -style remodels are my specialty. Please get in touch if you are interested. Thanks! Julia
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.