hzdeleted_30845024

New flawed flooring

User
8 år siden
We just covered this attic bedroom with pine floorboards and after filling gaps with a paste of sawdust and wood glue and sanding and staining the floor theres visible patches of darker wood glue thats so visible!

Anything we can do to save it?!

(5) kommentarer

• Brandi Nash Hicks
    8 år siden
    Bump
  • Natalie Jol
    8 år siden
    Painting them is all I can think of, at least the gaps are filled.
  • Lauren
    8 år siden

Ideally sanding back again would help. Alternatively find a dark woodstain that matches the fill to make the floorboards blend in.

• PRO
    OʼFlynns Flooring & Joinery
    8 år siden

Hi

Unfortunately it appears you "skipped " a step in the sanding process, ie you should have sanded again [ 80 and 100 grit] after applying filler, then applied stain.

Staining wood, especially pine, needs to be done by by book. Only remedy is sand off, buff with 120/150 grit and re apply stain

• H H
    8 år siden
    The excess wood glue needs to be sanded off so it only remains in the patched areas, then revarnish/oil/wax, whichever you used!

Could try just sanding the darker patches but might get a better result sanding it all again?

The floorboards are a really nice colour though, what did you use?
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.