rachelstein

Desperately need to choose bathroom color to go with Aqua tile?

Rachel
8 år siden
My main floor bathroom has a total identity crisis. Due to it being a windowless bathroom we chose a light blue (almost aqua) crackle wall tile and floor tile is white marble basketweave tile. The original gray glass subway tile looked green and we changed it on a whim to the blue. Now the half wall (which Is way too wide and high) stands out and I think we should've done 1/8 grout lines since the tile looks too modern. Do I try to match the paint to the wall tile or do a completely different color? I had wanted to do wainscoting to break it up but thought it really would give it an identity crisis and accentuate the half (prison wall) even more?

(8) kommentarer

• PRO
    Carolyn Albert-Kincl, ASID
    8 år siden

With no windows, your room would look nice with walls painted the same white as the marble flooring. Use white towels also.

• Rachel
    Forfatter
    8 år siden
    Well that's another issue too since it is white thassos marble with gray/blue dots. I think decorators white is best matched but might really make space look too stark.
  • emmarene9
    8 år siden

Your tile looks brown to me.

• PRO
    Studio M Designs
    8 år siden

I would suggest to choose something lighter than the tiles for the walls. Do not match it..especially since there is no natural light coming in.

Try Snowbound , Moderne White or Fluer de Sel from Sherwin Williams. It will complement the blue tiles really well.

Make sure to buy samples and paint a good 2 coat patch of 2'x2' on the wall and see how you feel about it before painting all the walls.

• Rachel
    Forfatter
    8 år siden
    Thank you for the recommendations I will definitely try and get to a sherwin Williams. I was hoping for Benjamin Moore colors since I've been using it throughout the house.

It could be my lighting but even without it my house turns everything muddy or green. Attached is the pic of tile.

Would a chair rail work in this space (slightly darker on top and white on bottom) or would it just not look right?
  • Rachel
    Forfatter
    8 år siden
    Thank you for your helpful replies. I always try and go for simple but between architect, contractor and husband, I feel like my voice gets list. But I can only blame myself trying to put in "pretty elements" to offset and soften a block space. I guess I should eliminate the hanging pendants lol
  • Rachel
    Forfatter
    8 år siden
    Sorry for the multiple replies ...but are there any recommended Benjamin Moore whites? Would anything creamy work to warm up the space?
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.