bydezignfurniture

Dining Table Debate: Timber or Glass?

By Dezign Pty
7 år siden

What is more popular when it comes to dining tables? Timber or Glass?

Dijon Dining Suite · Mere information

Cairo with Airlie Chairs · Mere information

TIMBER; always!
GLASS is the way to go!
POLYURETHANE is actually my preference!
Don't really mind...

(12) kommentarer

• PRO
    By Dezign Pty
    Forfatter
    7 år siden

Thank you for your comment Junipergirl. It is certainly something to consider when purchasing a new dining table!

• PRO
    Wood Plus Interiors Ltd
    7 år siden

Glass does attract dust particles! As soon as you have cleaned it the dust returns, something to do with a sort of magnetic attraction I believe. It is worse on clear glass and dark coloured glass. Also any scratch is very noticeable on glass but not such a problem on wood. I prefer Wood everytime.

• PRO
    Turnstyle Living
    7 år siden

It really depends on the design style of your home and the size of your zone. Glass is great for smaller rooms where you want to create more visual space and timber is perfect to add warmth and texture to a cool space.
    This is just a starting point as you can find so many different colours, textures and finishes in both timber and glass.

• Karen B
    7 år siden
    Be aware that if you have small children (or messy adults) that a glass table always looks smudged and dirty. Even the underside of the table will need regular cleaning.
  • PRO
    Wild River Store
    7 år siden

Timber all the way!! Glass tables are so high maintenance and can easily look worn and scratched over time- whereas timber is a natural material that will develop character over time and add warmth to a space.

• Anhar Fazal
    7 år siden
    woohoo so glad I went with my gut feeling and bought a timber table although hubby wanted a glass one. Absolutely adore the timber table easy to clean, gives a nice warm feel to the area and a classic but contemporary look.
  • Vy
    7 år siden

timber..never liked glass ..we got rid of the glass top coffee table when the kids came along..

• PRO
    Albany Fine Furniture
    7 år siden

There is nothing to compare with a Solid Timber Table Top for natural beauty & character - can be the central focal point for any dining room!

• PRO
    ideal drape makers
    7 år siden

I have to add my vote to timber. Glass, in my opinion, tend to leech spaces of warmth and with timber tables available to suit so many design styles and to suit a range of budgets, As Wild River Store rightly pointed out "Timber develops character" over time and so it begs the question why anyone would look further than timber?

Westminster Dining Table · Mere information

7 år siden
    I regret buying a glass top table. Whilst it reflects the light and looks nice it is very high maintenance. My greyhound likes to stand under it when I have dinner guests and puts his nose against the glass. Yes, I do feed him. Needless to say, cleaning the underside is a bugger.
  • Nicole Parker
    7 år siden

What about marble or a hardwearing stone?

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.