klmorgan92

Bedroom colour dilemma

klmorgan92
7 år siden

I've just bought this bed for our new bedroom but i'm now stuck on what colour to paint the walls? also what accent colour would go with it?

(11) kommentarer

• Sandra Marshall
    7 år siden

I love yellow with gray. Or pink

• mayfly182
    7 år siden

It would go with almost any other colour. How about choosing a colour you actually like, either a wall colour or accent colour, and then asking for help to choose the other one?

• bfrobson
    7 år siden

I love yellow too - a rich shade with that dark grey or, even better, metallic gold?

• PRO
    LuxDeco
    7 år siden

Hello klmorgan92, we recently wrote an article about bedroom colour schemes, maybe you'll find some inspiration here: https://www.luxdeco.com/styleguide/perfect-bedroom-colour-schemes-interior-design/.

Perhaps you could go in a mauve direction like the 4th room, or maybe taupe tones like the 14th room.

Can't wait to see what you come up with. Good luck,

LD team

• PRO
    Houseology Design Group Limited
    7 år siden

Hi,

If the floors are the same, an eggshell beige for the walls teamed with white linen and varying greys for curtains and pillows would give a very peaceful feel, which would compliment the lovely shape of your bed. Sample pots are great for testing different colours and seeing the bigger picture and will also give you a clearer indication of what your room will look like at different points of the day. Hope we were of help, and happy decorating!

• PRO
    Period Property Store
    7 år siden

Hi klmorgan92, here are a couple of ideas to go with your bed. I really like the grey on grey (top pic) with wood and monochrome accents. There are more bedroom ideas on our page too if you are looking for more inspiration!

Scandi Style Bedroom · Mere information

Contemporary Style Bedroom in Soft Blues and Greys · Mere information

• PRO
    Anita Brown 3D Visualisation
    7 år siden

Yellow and grey is awesome!!

• PRO
    Amelia Wilson
    7 år siden
    Hello, I'm surprised by the yellow comments as I'm not convinced this is the right colour for a bedroom. You want something calming and relaxing. I agree with the grey on grey look either with monochrome accessories for that Nordic look or a warm accent colour like a deep burgundy, ochre or mauve. Just be careful not to go too bright. If you think all grey is too much take a look at Farrow & Ball Peignoir which is pink with a heavy dose of grey and has a really sophisticated warm feel to it. I painted a customers bedroom this colour and she has a grey carpet and bed and we've added accessories in dusky pink, grey and white. Amelia
  • PRO
    Anita Brown 3D Visualisation
    7 år siden

Amelia, I should have clarified - I would use yellow as an accent. It works beautifully as an accent with white and grey. I put together a scheme that included white, grey and yellow a few years ago, that made use of a Toile de jouy wallpaper and small punctuations of yellow. The client loved it! :)

• PRO
    White Red Architects
    7 år siden
    Hello. We'd always recommend white - it's an obvious choice but done well can give a great effect. Some tips for getting it right here in a recent blog post here http://www.wr-resi.com/blog/2016/9/6/4-minimalist-tricks-using-white-paint
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.