mary_doyle66

M50 kitchen

mary doyle
7 år siden
kitchen currently being installed. Any suggestions for kitchen floor and splashback? not sure what colour tiles above counter would suit best. Also considering light coloured marmoleum or cork tiles for floor?any views? thanks.

(21) kommentarer

• PRO
    Houseology Design Group Limited
    7 år siden

Hi Mary,

Love the units- they'd look great in an industrial styled kitchen. With this in mind, the cork tiles sound like they'd complete the look, however you can't go wrong with a wooden floor. For the splash-back, look at the different options available- white subway tiles are a classic and very affordable but this could be your opportunity to add a lot of character to your kitchen with some feature tiling. The empty wall in your picture has a lot of potential too- I'd be inclined to install some display shelving and show off your dry goods and crockery, or even hang some art there. I've attached a few images for inspiration. Happy decorating!

• mary doyle
    Forfatter
    7 år siden
    thanks for that- probably should go for cork over marmoleum- maybe it's too clinical looking.
  • Carolina
    7 år siden
    In Stock Cement Tile · Mere information

I would go for grey Marmoleum. Either the solid one (cement look) or the marbled one. And for tiles, I was thinking black and white cement tiles, like Houseology posted too.
  • Carolina
    7 år siden
    This is the solid Cement
  • mary doyle
    Forfatter
    7 år siden
    those black and white tiles look great -good idea thanks
  • Carolina
    7 år siden
    You're welcome. And for what it's worth, I don't think that marmoleum would look cold. You'll have a hard time making your wooden kitchen seem cold ;-)
  • jhardaker
    7 år siden
    Lovely modern kitchen. Keep it modern. Pale grey rectangular (quite large) floor tiles and glass rather than tiles over counter and as a splash back.
  • Sue Cooper
    7 år siden

Think you need some contrast in the kitchen. Stainless steel splashbacks might look good

• User
    7 år siden
    Hi, grey flooring I think would look great and open shelving is a winner. Splash back is your opportunity to inject some colour
  • Pauline cotton
    7 år siden
    Where did you get your kitchen units from? They are gorgeous
  • PRO
    User
    7 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}7 år siden

I've stuck a few colour palettes on for you to give you an idea of colours. All very bland, no textures or fancy tiles, but it might help with a vague choice.

I know the kitchen snap taken is still being installed, but it looks like the unit on the chimney stack is a different height to the one front right? They need to go up a little, especially the one on the chimney stack as the lines don't follow through from the cupboards on the left of it. Also, what are you doing about plynths?

• mary doyle
    Forfatter
    7 år siden
    thanks for all the comments and suggestions regarding colours floors and splashback. much appreciated. kitchen is from IKEA. Progress is slow, plinths etc still to be attached. considering marmoleum click ( easier to install) for floor in orbit or silver- see photo. any views? have decided tiles too cold and hard underfoot.
  • Carolina
    7 år siden
    I like Orbit
  • Emma Hennessy
    7 år siden

Hi Mary, I have a new house and used cement coloured marmoleum on the whole ground floor. I love the feel and warmth of it but beware if you like things to look super slick then it may not be for you. It scratches easily and being a natural product can discolour if left covered up for too long (i.e with a mat or piece of cardboard for example). Saying that though I'm really happy with mine and its different from the usual tile/wood floors. I would opt for something with a slight pattern to hide scratches if I were you. Good luck, kitchen looks fab btw!

• justanotherdesigner
    7 år siden

Beautiful kitchen. I love the contrast between worktop and the warmth of the cabinets. Bravo!

I'd personally stick to tile going forward purely for longevity. Virtually everything else disappoints when it comes to staying fresh and ease of cleaning but that might be related to my OCD.

Congrats again

• mcloonan
    7 år siden
    Marmoleum is great, we have it our kitchen.. it's quiet, warmer than tiles, and really brightens up the kitchen. We chose Marmoleum striato in Ice something. Thin stripes in a warm grey with off white and slight brown stripe which ties in well with wood. It came in rectangular sheets rather than a roll but it looks pretty uniform once down, very easy to maintain too. Can't quite remember the rest of the Ice name but the folk in Forbo flooring should be able to help you.
  • PRO
    Amelia Wilson
    7 år siden
    Love the kitchen, I would stick with monochrome walltiles, suggestions and pics below

1. White metro with dark grout herringbone style

2. Topps do a time called Hemline which would also look great, I can only find an image of the white ones but they also come in black which would look good

3. These black batik tiles from Topps would be my favourite
  • Juliet Docherty
    7 år siden

I would go for patterned tiles. I have just used porcelanosa Barcelona B tiles in my bathroom and they look fabulous. They are very forgiving, and don't show any marks or dirt on the floor. Highly recommend and they could look amazing with your lovely wooden kitchen.

• peony grace
    7 år siden
    What did you go with in the end??
  • PRO
    Woodfloors4u
    7 år siden

Did you choose a floor yet Mary?
    Not a surprisingly, but we would recommend a nice wooden floor to compliment the theme of your kitchen. We have a nice selection of greys that would add continuity to your space.
    Herringbone Grey
    Storm Grey
    Whale Grey

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.