faniathens

Sliding wall/door

Fani Willis
6 år siden
Very nice idea! Looks very nice opened but I haven't seen one closed. I'm having thoughts of installing something similar but concerned how it looks when closed. Is it more like a door or wall? What is the width of the opening? Thank you
Private house in Streatham · Mere information

(2) kommentarer

• PRO
    Charles Barclay Architects
    6 år siden

Hello, glad you are intrigued by the sliding wall panel in our Streatham Hill project. I say wall panel rather than door because it is about 3m wide by 3m high, and when it is closed looks more like a partition than a door. The clients only close it rarely when having a smart dinner party and have had an artist friend decorate the kitchen side of the panel with sketches of their beloved black labradors! The great thing is that you can transform both the feel of the space and the way it is used when you need to divide your open-plan living area. It is like creating an instant room.

Fani Willis thanked Charles Barclay Architects
  • Fani Willis
    Forfatter
    6 år siden

Thank you so much for your answer. It is a great idea but I'm not certain how easily can be done by the local carpenters. Regards

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.