thomas_evely

Final plan ideas

Thomas Evely
6 år siden
sidst ændret:6 år siden

Hi Guys, just about to lock in my house design. Just after any advice or ideas with my current design. Thanks in advance!

(33) kommentarer

• siriuskey
    6 år siden

i can't make it big enough to read

• PRO
    MB Design & Drafting
    6 år siden

Budget to build it?

• Thomas Evely
    Forfatter
    6 år siden
    sorry hopefully this better
  • Thomas Evely
    Forfatter
    6 år siden
    Its going to be a owner builder project. As im a carpenter by trade with a budget around the 500k mark
  • siriuskey
    6 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}6 år siden

wow it looks like a great build and a big project being a chippie is a great help.

I did have problems making the plan big enough for me to see but have taken a quick look at the kitchen and thought that the sink in the WIP was a long way from the dining and kitchen bench. So can I suggest entering near the fridge (the fridge would be better at the end of the cabinets for ease of access for everyone).

A sink and dish washer in the pantry would work to keep the kitchen clear. I have moved the store between the WIP & powder room, you could use pocket doors to divide the areas as per the attached photo good luck

Tailored Interior · Mere information

Tailored Spaces, Clever Layout · Mere information

• haephestus
    6 år siden

As mentioned, I'd reconsider the "pantry". Unless it's not actually going to be used as a pantry (i.e. to store food items), then it seems like a PITA to trek to and from the kitchen to the pantry multiple times a day.

I'd consider furniture place in the lounge / living / dining area, especially to enable ease of movement around the kitchen island to the main hallway to the bedrooms. I suspect that you'll end up wanting to keep the "dining" area pretty free of furniture (rather than having to walk around / squeeze past a dining table and chairs all the time).

Try to have a play around with actual furniture measurements to ensure that you'll fit in everything that you want to and that you have enough free wall space for things like the TV and anything else that needs to go up against a wall.

If possibly I'd widen the long main hallway to the bedrooms. If the exterior wall is going to be all glass, then it may be light and spacious, but it appears to be quite narrow.

I'm not sure about the value of WIRs vs. BIRs in the smaller bedrooms, but I guess it's something that is important to you.

I'm not sure what the space near the stairs is - perhaps a study nook? It seems a little cramped and confined, but if it is to service as a secluded study, then perhaps that works.

I'd try to fit the double vanity within the confines of the walls in the ensuite rather than have it "jutting out" into the main bedroom.

I presume that the placement of the WIR isn't stealing any potential views which would be better enjoyed from positioning the main bedroom against that exterior wall. Maybe consider any privacy concerns resulting from the main living area being directly across from the main bedroom (i.e. seeing into the private main bedroom from the public areas of the house).

I'm guessing that Bed 5 / Sitting is meant to be a self-contained area. If so, perhaps ensure that plumbing is available for a kitchenette if needed in the future.

Good luck!

• oklouise
    6 år siden

love the roof and asymmetrical eaves!! but we can't read the measurements... suggest swopping wiw and ens and rearranging all in master suite to improve traffic patterns and allow bedhead against west wall, the downstairs bathroom should have different access dependent on size and intended use of downstairs rooms, lots of unused space at the top and bottom of the stairs, what's the purpose of the space between the wiw and stairs? the very long hallway could be reduced in length by swopping wiw for biw, and the hallway could be widened to include a sitting area, could the laundry be relocated to be closer to planned clothesline?? there should be a second door between the kitchen and powder room, there's a very long walk between the car and the kitchen for unloading groceries..a close up of the house without the site plans showing the measurements would also help

• PRO
    Nicole Hastings Photography
    6 år siden
    I don't have any suggestions but I do want to comment I love the design, and windows to catch the sun, a bit mid century - love it.
  • siriuskey
    6 år siden

me too Nicole, love the long passage with the wall of glass

• siriuskey
    6 år siden

Just an update on an idea, not sure if the store is acceptable to you in this position, access from the garage to the kitchen is easy and as suggested earlier to swing the door back into the garage (if there's enough space). You could also consider moving the door at the rear RH side of the garage to the rear LH which will still give direct access into the pantry/storage area ( I personally don't think this is necessary unless it's for your tools) good luck

• Thomas Evely
    Forfatter
    6 år siden
    Thanks guys your feedback has been awesome :)
  • Thomas Evely
    Forfatter
    6 år siden
    Hi all. Im really liking Siruskey kitchen design. What's everybodys thoughts should i change it???
  • oklouise
    6 år siden

sounds excellent please post close up of existing kitchen with measurements so we can see the details and make a revised plan

• Thomas Evely
    Forfatter
    6 år siden
    sorry about the lack of measurments my draftsman is still working on the drawings. thanks..
  • Thomas Evely
    Forfatter
    6 år siden
    I wasnt planning on it. I'm after a similar detail as the picture below. just clean sharp lines
  • PRO
    Nicole Hastings Photography
    6 år siden
    So will you get any sun into bedrooms at all or will it mostly be on the hallway?
  • Thomas Evely
    Forfatter
    6 år siden
    Unfortunately no.
  • siriuskey
    6 år siden

check the earlier photo with high windows, you might need to add some high windows/louvers between the glass passage and bedrooms.

Love the glass passage that you are trying to achieve, I know that there are panels/doors that rotate to open, but perhaps one full height panel of louvers at either end would help with ventilation. Not sure what climate you are building in, cheers

• oklouise
    6 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}6 år siden

siriusky's pantry (with or without doors and cabinetry to suit purpose) and suggestions for laundry, master suite and downstairs

• Thomas Evely
    Forfatter
    6 år siden
    Awesome thanks oklouise a few great ideas there. What are thoughts with the kitchen area?? your feedback is much appreciated
  • oklouise
    6 år siden

see last post amended for kitchen pantry downstairs and master... layout of pantry would properly be decided by the intended use of the rooms...what will you use the store room for? would you enter through the storeroom door from garage with groceries? what will you store in the pantry? would you have an extra sink and fridge in the pantry?

• siriuskey
    6 år siden

HiThomas, I just wanted to correct my ideas for your
    kitchen/pantry/storage etc, without details of how you would use the
    space ie: tools etc.

I don't draw plans just ideas, and you being a
    Tradie I thought a storage/Laundry/shower/ toilet would work really
    well along with direct access from the garage, you don't need the door
    opening into the passage as well. Built in Fridge Oven 800 x 800 looks
    better than 600 depthYou can place the storage /laundry which
    ever way suits but you can eliminate the hand basin mirror from the WC
    to serve dual purpose. You can leave the storage laundry open or have
    doors of any type you prefer. You might like to add a slider or frosted glass to the shower.Just give it a good look. cheers, good luck with your house going forward

• siriuskey
    6 år siden

Hi Thomas, just wondering how you are going with your house and sending you something that you might like to consider cheers

• Gallifrey
    6 år siden
    Not dissimilar to our holiday house. Consider making the main bathroom 2 way to be shared by the adjoining bathrooms?

We also have a central breezeway but made it much wider. What doors / windows are you putting on this area? Can post a few photos of ours if you like.
  • emoyle1
    6 år siden
    Not a fan of the toilet next to pantry. As you have an alternate access to house from garage, I would loose the entry from garage to pantry. Reconfigure pantry, pdr room and laundry space with pantry moved to laundry area. Maybe pdr room off laundry so it doesn't open into pantry or kitchen areas.
  • Philomena Patterson
    6 år siden
    Kitchen layout comment- are you putting an under bench bin in? Consider actually cleaning dishes into bin, sink usage and relation to dishwasher. Suggest one either side of your sink according to whether you want to work left to right or vv.
  • scarebeaks
    6 år siden

Wow I love it. We are in the process of buying a section now and i want to build a U shaped design so that the living is off to the side, master bedroom at rear opening onto the internal courtyard. It is fabulous to see a plan that makes this work so differently to what i have envisaged. Good luck with the project.

• Keita M
    6 år siden
    I personally LOVE a walk in robe, or 'floor-robe' as mine normally turns into ;) I would definitely change the doors to cavity sliders, will double the amount of floor space!
    Good luck with the build :)
  • Melbourne44 Melbourne44Musk
    6 år siden

I would definately widen the long hallway. At the moment its a passage. Why not double it glamourous usable gallery like space on its own.

• PRO
  • PRO
    SmallBlock Solutions
    6 år siden

Add a door fro the Kitchen area in the bedroom access passage. That way if you have zoned A?C you can close off the rear part of the house from the front living area !

Adrian at SmallBlock Solutions

• PRO
    MM Greenspaces Pty Ltd
    6 år siden

I love that the house forms a u-shape around what could be courtyard garden / recreational zone, a pool or all of these things. This spatial arrangement will allow the space to be viewed from every room of the house. This could be a great space to reconnect with the natural environment, family members while providing passive surveillance to children or pets.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.