angelica_r36

Can't find the right size range insert

Angelica R
5 år siden
sidst ændret:5 år siden

Help! I cannot find the size range insert that would work best. I do NOT know why the cabinet dealer created it this size since there is apparently no range insert that would fit. Not surprisingly, she closed her business -- although might still be 'designing' kitchens somewhere. It's been 9 years without a vent system.

It is a very weird shape and I either need to find an insert that measures 30'' w x 11'' deep OR 26" wide by 14'' deep. I am including some pictures and my chicken-scratch measurments.

Suggestions? I did find one that is 24'' wide but then what do I do with the liner?

Thanks for your comments!

Angelica

(7) kommentarer

• kaseki
    5 år siden

Is there a duct up inside that wood and metal assembly? What is its diameter? Where does it go?

The cables in that space may have to be relocated.

If you removed the metal pieces, what is the size of the remaining wood opening? If this dimension is less than 2 inches smaller than the outer dimensions of the wood, can some of the excess wood be removed? For inserts as well as hoods (hoods = inserts with fancy outsides), larger is almost always better for cooking plume capture until there is no practical gain in performance with further size growth.

Generally, with a retrofit like this, one would want a fabricator to build the insert. ModernAire and others provide this capability. It is unclear to me exactly how it would be supported, and how one might deal with ensuring that the interface between the top of the insert and the existing(?) duct is attached and sealed. Does this cabinet section have an easy means of removal?

As a point of interest, do your cooktop's installation instructions specify (as they should) the distances to combustibles? If so, are the moldings on the side cabinet bases intruding?

• User
    5 år siden

Do over. Remove it and do stainless. Or copper. Or something else.

• PRO
    Sabrina Alfin Interiors
    5 år siden

I think you might have to remove that center hood cabinet and install a wall chimney hood instead, or have the entire hood cabinet re-done to the correct dimensions.

• Angelica R
    Forfatter
    5 år siden

Hi, if we remove the aluminum, the biggest portion measures 30" wide by 11" deep. All the hookups are there, the electrical, duct work that goes up and out of the house.

I think we are going to go with a 24" range hood insert and somehow fill in the gaps or just leave the extra aluminum exposed. It can't be any worse than it's been the last 9 years.

It's not perfect but at this point I just care about having an exhaust/fan.

• Angelica R
    Forfatter
    5 år siden

And yes, the moldings on the side do intrude on simply installing a bigger hood in the same space. I don't think the cabinet can be easily removed without it damaging the adjacent cabinets and of course the crown molding.

Why can't (some) people who work in design/cabinetry/building etc just pay attention to the details and do their job correctly?? That leaves those of us who do not know better (and trust them) to get stuck with the bill and their mistakes. It's incredibly frustrating!!

• PRO
    Hankins & Associates, Inc. - Kitchens and Baths
    5 år siden

Angelica,

9 years you say? Clearly a patient person. 11" deep is quite shallow for a blower insert. I would have directed you to www.prolinerangehoods.com, but don't believe they have anything that shallow. Have used their unit -- they work well for the $$$.

Good luck!

Angelica R thanked Hankins & Associates, Inc. - Kitchens and Baths
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.