ginamcfarlen

Beautiful! do you know what greenery creates the wall?

Gina McFarlen
5 år siden
This is absolutely magical I love everything about it! I have a wall in my backyard I’d like to experiment with growing greenery on and I’m curious what it is so I can see if it grows in my area. Thank you so much!
The Garden Gallery · Mere information

(1) kommentar

• PRO
    Cool Gardens Landscape Associates – CGLA
    5 år siden

Hi Gina,

Thank you so much! I'm afraid this is unlikely to help you as this is not actually a wall. It's a mature leylandii hedge within which we have built a scaffold frame to support the picture frames. If you want some solid cover that will grow fast. you could try an ivy species. This would need to be kept under control however and the suckers from the stems do work their way into the brickwork so maybe not if it is a wall you share with a neighbour. A less aggressive evergreen climber would be Trachelospernum jasminoides. This would need supporting on the wall so would be safe in terms of the brickwork but would be a slower grower and you'd need to keep it clipped in order to ensure dense coverage. Another solution would of course be to put a hedge in front of the wall. you could then use the wall to support picture frames/lights etc. If this was your solution though, I would not recommend leylandii since it does not grow back when it dies back and so putting objects in front (such as picture frames!) causes bare patches (we have to rotate the ones in the picture to ensure adequate light reaches the hedge behind!). I would instead suggest a Yew or maybe Privet. Hope that answers your question and gives you a bit of direction!

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.