t0d007

Penny floor for the understairs bathroom

T I
5 år siden

Anyone fitted a penny floor? We're thinking of putting a small one in our bathroom but have my reservations as to durability and longevity.

(9) kommentarer

• PRO
    London Contemporary
    5 år siden

Depends how much you like cleaning? Even with sealing the floor is will still require ongoing constant maintenance. If you want a feature floor choose a nice patterned tile instead!

• Jules Mc
    5 år siden
    Never seen one except in photos but think they look fab, especially when laid out in a pattern to hightlight the patina of the coins. My reservation would be that they are cold underfoot but in a ds wc less of an issue I would have thought.
  • Sam N
    5 år siden

I have never seen one of these before, but I think it would look great in a downstairs WC. I always think the downstairs loo is somewhere that you can afford to do something a little different and quirky. Having watched the full video, I do not think cleaning or maintenance would be an issue (and I am a total clean freak), the floor has a fairly substantial coat of resin over it, so there are no gaps or nooks and crannies for dirt to build up. I would imagine you would just mop it as with any hard floor?....maybe followed by a buff up to get rid of any smears, but in a small room that should not be too laborious. Please do post photos if you decide to go with it. Good luck :-)

• Tani H-S
    5 år siden
    It depends if you want the shiny new penny look or like the old verdigris effect for the room.
    Technically, if the copper is sealed and no air gets to them then they shouldn’t oxidise and discolour.
    What might make them discolour is the resin that goes on top reacting with the copper. So you could possibly seal them first with something suitable to protect the copper finish before adding the resin
  • T I
    Forfatter
    5 år siden

Thank you, that's very helpful.

• J Hen
    5 år siden

Do it! Do it! What’s the worse that can happen?

I love a bit of ‘different’ decorating and it will definitely be a talking point. Good luck

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.