brianp247

Enhancing the entrance to this residential studio.

brianp247
5 år siden
Hi all,
I’ve just got planning for a 2 bed house with full basement on this site. In the meantime, I wanted to enhance the entrance to the existing residential studio. I can’t put real slim trees in pots, either side of the entrance as these will probably be stolen. I was thinking of getting printed images stuck onto Ali microboard, and attaching them to each post, and downlighting each post. The problem is, the posts are quite narrow (2110x235 & 2075x225). Can anyone think of an image that might work in this situation? The image resolution needs to be at least 300dpi.
Thanks in advance,
Brian

(18) kommentarer

• Jan Dobson
    5 år siden
    Rather than the bricks, maybe the doors? A graffiti artist or vinyl wrap version of this, maybe
  • oklouise
    5 år siden

the entry already looks excellent without any decoration but you could tidy up the exposed ends of the concrete beams, steel electricity box? and the floor with some matching paint, black concrete render or dark tile vertically and horizontally to make a neater step but i do love the idea of a graffiti mural on the wall under the window but that may happen without any special organisation from you

• bigreader
    5 år siden
    I’d give everything a good clean and minor repairs as above. As a rental the door needs to be easy to find so maybe a statement colour. I’d consider lights mounted either side of the door or a canopy.
  • PRO
    brianp247
    Forfatter
    5 år siden
    I’ve painted the brickwork to start with, but feel it’s still missing something. I’ve got some up and down lighters going in with narrow beam.
  • julie herbert
    5 år siden
    Love Urban Metal’s ideas. Could look fabulous.
  • PRO
    brianp247
    Forfatter
    5 år siden
    So far.
  • PRO
    brianp247
    Forfatter
    5 år siden
    Hi Urban Metal,
    Would you still paint the top part of the front?
  • julie herbert
    5 år siden
    Lights look fantastic, I would go all black , will really define the front, you could do urban metals idea to highlight your street number.
  • julie herbert
    5 år siden
    Just a few ideas
  • KK1000
    5 år siden
    I noticed you had No Parking signs before on the wall, if that’s still the problem you could use bright paint and write in large letters “ no parking “ across garage door, it could be funny, artful anything you can think of there is lots of ideas on line , or get graffiti artist do do something different.
  • PRO
    URBAN METAL
    5 år siden
    Hey Guys, yes I would still paint the section at the top. Make it uniform and then decide what to add from there. I think it will make the end result look nicer
  • PRO
    brianp247
    Forfatter
    5 år siden
    I’ve painted another 2 courses of brick above. Do we still need to do the rest?
  • PRO
    brianp247
    Forfatter
    5 år siden
    P.s. I am going to do the main step once the concrete is repaired.
  • legendaryflame
    5 år siden
    I am not sure if you do need to paint the upper section. I like it as it is. I love what you have done so far. Those lights look great! I love the idea of big street numbers.
  • legendaryflame
    5 år siden
    And I totally love KK's suggestions! That would bring a sense of funky urban fun to your entrance.
  • PRO
    brianp247
    Forfatter
    5 år siden
    Before and after.
  • PRO
    URBAN METAL
    5 år siden
    Hi Brian - I would keep going with the paint and then add the perf, over sized number, or KK’s suggestions of the typography etc. The black will make for a nice canvas for whatever feature you decide. Looking really good !
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.