rebecca_klouda

Help choosing patio door styles

Rebecca Klouda
5 år siden

I’m feeling confused about what style of patio doors to include in my new kitchen, dining and living extension. We’re going to have a roughly 4m wide opening in the kitchen end; a smaller opening (about 1.8m) on the side of the same room next to the dining table and then a 2.8m opening off the adjoining family room. All out onto patio / garden. I was thinking sliding in the big opening and bi-fold everywhere else but are bi-fold on the way out, should I get French doors or something else? All help gratefully received!!

(4) kommentarer

• PRO
    London Contemporary
    5 år siden

Things to consider - how long are you going to live there, do you want the doors to open as a door (rather than one big bifold) - and mainly what do you like??? BiFold serve a good purpose and can really bring the outside in and open up a room. My personal preference is often Crittall style, but they can be pricey. I don't think BiFold are 'on the way out' - many very contemporary home still have them.

• Rebecca Klouda
    Forfatter
    5 år siden

This is likely to be our forever house so we want to get it right and something that will stand the test of time.

I was thinking sliding for the big opening but then struggling for the others. I like the idea of opening it all up in the family room but not sure how often we’d really do that and we will likely have a step down to the patio too so been wondering about French. The smaller doors on the side are tricky as table will be slightly in front of them so not a door to use often so again thinking French or maybe bifold as 2 will only be 2 panels but conscious of impact on the patio of two lots of doors opening on to it. So hard to know! Also the look of lots of different door styles

• PRO
    London Contemporary
    5 år siden

There is a good discussion about doors https://www.houzz.co.uk/discussions/crittal-style-aluminium-sliding-or-folding-doors-dsvw-vd~4493163 (hope this works) - if it's all in the same room I would suggest try and keep the finish the same as it will look odd otherwise. And if it's your forever house you can make an investment and get it right - best of luck!

• PRO
    London Contemporary
    5 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}5 år siden

Crittall do look gorgeous - this is on a recent Highbury kitchen project

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.