orders160

Rug indecisiveness!

Nixxy H
5 år siden
Hello, I need help on what colour and style rug would look good in our office/study. We’ve gone for an eclectic vibe and I’m not a fan of “matchy matchy” schemes. Our feature wall is green/grey and our office chairs are patchwork but have orange, brown and grey within them. I originally bought a terracotta Persian style rug but that didn’t work. Any ideas would be appreciated!

(34) kommentarer

• kikiamack
    5 år siden
    I think a Berber rug (black geometric on off white) would look good. Something like this one
    Manu & Lou · Mere information
  • PRO
    User
    5 år siden

I'd pick up on the slate blue and grey hues

I think this rug works well, unfortunately, i can't find it for sale anywhere at the moment, just web pics, so not a lot of help.............I will keep looking. !!

• PRO
    Akiva Projects Ltd
    5 år siden
    The previous suggestion is great!
    I think if you love Persian type rugs, you could go for a ‘distressed over-dyed medallion rug’ Maybe in beige or a light blue/grey.
    I found this rug which might give you an idea.

https://www.irugs.co.uk/beige-5x8-monaco-area-rug-33134074?gclid=Cj0KCQiAp7DiBRDdARIsABIMfoCg7AGgNZBhiQkoZgz-HVbSdcZaUMnUTBF8ighKFmwSBa4H97Wx0EEaAkSxEALw_wcB
  • Nixxy H
    Forfatter
    5 år siden
    Thank you guys! We have a dog who spends a lot of time in this room so I don’t want it too pale, I do love the Persian style and a distressed one I think would work well. I did wonder whether a burnt orange one would look good to pick up on the colour from the chairs but I think the more subtle shades would look better
  • Nixxy H
    Forfatter
    5 år siden
    Also man about the house, that’s the kind of mirror I’m looking for.. what website do you use to make those images?
  • PRO
    User
    5 år siden

This one from swoon is ok but it's not got the same bright slatey blue that the one above has:- Swoon Rug, this one from Wayfair is ok too, but lacks the turquoise Wayfair rug

• PRO
    User
    5 år siden

The mirror comes from here Select Mirrors - Black Overmantle Mirror. I used Photoshop for the images.

• Nixxy H
    Forfatter
    5 år siden
    Do you think the mirror would look better in gold or copper as I have that colour desk lamps and accessories
  • PRO
    User
    5 år siden

Regards the mirror, I'm sure any colour over mantle mirror would look lovely, i'm just a bit stuck on that one at the moment, I think it's a bit different ( like me! )

• PRO
    Akiva Projects Ltd
    5 år siden
    I think a rustic copper mirror would look great
  • User
    5 år siden
    have a look at Louis de Poortere rugs, lots of lovely persian styles that would look great in your room. Love Rugs are a UK supplier of them. https://louisdepoortere.be/phone/rugs.html
  • PRO
    bubbles bathrooms and tiles
    5 år siden

I think blue and copper would look great but i also love a Persian rug, definitely with a bit of character/colour

https://www.wayfair.co.uk/rugs/pdp/orren-ellis-bagdasarian-design-greyorange-rug-hvo68879.html

• Nixxy H thanked Carolina
  • Nixxy H
    Forfatter
    5 år siden

Thank you for all your suggestions, I have found this style which i do quite like, although i'm unsure between the green or yellow? Unfortunately the blue in the size I need is out of stock.

Cost is a factor here as I don't want to spend over £200 on this rug

https://www.dunelm.com/product/brooklyn-8595-rug-1000138369

• Nixxy H
    Forfatter
    5 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}5 år siden
  • PRO
    User
    5 år siden

I like the brooklyn rug it looks like all the colours are now back in stock and the blue is the nicest. However, I do really like the other one you found in Dunelm with the tartan effect.

I've seen a rug somewhere that matches your chair, where did you get that from? For the life of me, can't remember where it was.

• Sonia
    5 år siden

Nixxy I’ve just noticed Houzz have published a list of 100 rugs under £100 which may interest you. It’s the newest item under Stories.

• Houzz-bruger-ID-343559674
    5 år siden

Fancy creating a little #FlooringEnvy ? Our Louis de Poortere rugs will do just that, all come with options to spread the cost, if your makeover budget was smashed… they normally are!

We particularly like their new collection, Mad Men Fahrenheit.

We're cute, we're cuddly… we're the Flooring Gurus!

• Nixxy H
    Forfatter
    5 år siden
    This is the final look, I’m so pleased with it! Thank you to all who commented x
  • Carolina
    5 år siden

Looks really good! :-)

• E D
    5 år siden

Looking good. Well done on making a decision!

:)

• E D
    5 år siden

Can you maybe share a photo taken from further back so we can see it with more of the room?

• Sonia
    5 år siden

Very nice.

• E D
    5 år siden

Have you tried it turning it 90 degrees?

• Nixxy H
    Forfatter
    5 år siden
    I’ll take a better picture, no I can’t turn it as the room is longer than the picture shows
  • Jules Mc
    5 år siden
    Looks great. Shelves and mirror are fab too. Glad it's all come together for you.
  • Nixxy H
    Forfatter
    5 år siden
    A question about the mirror... my husband and I are in a disagreement. I feel the mirror should be screwed to the wall but sat on the mantelpiece as per the image here. My husband thinks it would look best hung in the centre of the space above the mantle or leaning on the mantle. Please settle this for us!
  • Carolina
    5 år siden

I feel it needs a bit of breathing space between mirror and mantle. Maybe 10 - 15 cm. You can maybe prop something under it to raise it a bit and see how that looks. Be careful you don't break it.

Would not centre it between ceiling and mantle, because then it starts to "float" and will lose the connection with the fireplace, I think

• Carolina
    5 år siden

Okay, even a little bit less than 10 cm, I think. but see what you think...

About halfway

• PRO
    User
    5 år siden

Gap at the bottom:-

Same size as the gap at the top.

• E D
    5 år siden

I like the mirror as it is at the moment.

It really compliments the surround.

When too high, it looks too much like a window to me.

• Nixxy H
    Forfatter
    5 år siden
    ED that’s what I don’t like about it, I think I agree with the hubby now that it looks better leaning as when it’s flat against the wall it looks too much like a window.
  • Nixxy H
    Forfatter
    5 år siden
    Thank you so much for all your help and images it’s really helped xx
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.