diane03

Kitchen wall covering

diane03
5 år siden

I have chosen my benchtops and cabinet colours and have purchased my new kitchen appliances.

Costs are blowing out on our kitchen renovation and it has been suggested we use the offcuts from our Dolce Qantum Quartz benchtops as a first row of a splashback behind the range hood and on the wall behind the sink area hand then go up to the roofline with white tiles or paint. The cabinets are alpine white and we have light wood floors.

Do you think this would would work?

(1) kommentar

• PRO
    Compass Kitchens
    5 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}5 år siden

Hi Diane, yes what you describe will work but only if you do not have a Gas Cooktop. This is because the polymer binder used in the Quantum Quartz will burn when touched by an open flame. If you do have a Gas Cooktop then this can be overcome by leaving a space here behind and bringing your tiles down into this gap. Gas Regs require that Flammable materials need to be at least 200mm from the trivet.

I also note that you mentioned that this is a budget consideration, so also just be aware that by using the off-cuts this way, this will only add to the cost for the extra stonemason cutting, edge polishing and installation that will be involved. Using your Quantum Quartz here in this way will cost more than the single row of tiles that you will be replacing.

Hope this helps, Malcolm

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.