claire_ellard

Does Satin 2 PAC scratch easily?

Claire Ellard
4 år siden

Does Satin 2 PAC scratch very easily. I got a sample square done by my cabinet maker and I managed to scratch it on the first day with my stone sample square. It has me very worried about how easily it is scratched. Would semi gloss be less likely to show scratches?

(2) kommentarer

• Ruth BT
    4 år siden

From memory, 2 pac needs time to cure so, yes at the beginning there could be more lasting damage with scratches. I did it just after kitchen was installed but after 5 years, it was still the only major blemish.

• PRO
    Compass Kitchens
    4 år siden

Hi Claire, Two Pack polyurethane has many advantages over other finishes; it is a tough hard wearing finish for Kitchens which like all kitchen finishes can be scratched, especially with something like stone samples with rough edges. I would not say though that it scratches "easily". Satin can also develope shiny marks if it is rubbed too had when washing stubborn dirt or food spills off.

There are a few advantages to the Gloss Two Pack over the satin, which are that if you do scratch Gloss then it may be possible to buff it out without having to re-paint (unlike Satin which just has to be repainted). Likewise if you chip it then it is possible to repair the Gloss without having to re-paint it where again Satin can only be repaired by repainting.

Usually the Kitchen style also determines whether gloss or satin should be used; example a Shaker style door in traditional or transitional style kitchens looks best in a Satin whereas a Flat panel modernist style kitchen can look good in a gloss or a satin. At the end of the day it comes down your personal choice and how you think you are likely to treat your kitchen surfaces.

Hope this has been of help, Malcolm

White Gloss Two-Pack.

White Satin Two Pack Shaker

Off-White Satin Two Pack.

Satin Two Pack Shaker Federation.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.