jamesbd53

What is the best kid-friendly stair rails ?

Bertha James
10 år siden
The railing on my daughter's stairs from the upstairs bedrooms have been completely broken off by her three rambunctious boys( ages 2,4, and 6). She is considering the modern metal rail. The wood ones used before will not hold up. Also, the stairs are carpeted, which is good for the 2 year old, but should the upgrade also include wood stairs?
Wood replacement rails
Metal with wood steps
Metal with carpeted steps

(2) kommentarer

• PRO
    Studio M Interior Design
    10 år siden
    I'd recommend going for the metal with wood steps look, and maybe a runner if you're concerned about damage to steps. Good luck! :)
  • PRO
    NK Woodworking
    10 år siden
    Pillows for a balustrade and foam for the treads : )

Metal is very strong... However hardwoods are also extremely strong. The balusters and or "rails" on the old one could have been made out of softwoods or a cheap way of installation that doesn't allow for the 50lb + load.

Whatever materials you use, it sounds like the quality of the fabrication and installation might be the thing to focus on.
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.