gabbyk26

Painting ideas! Help! Ceilings are quite low, about 6&1/2 foot!

gabbyk26
10 år siden
Attic master bedroom with pitched ceilings. 5' half partition in the center of the room. Left side will have doors for hidden storage. Bed will be on the right, on the other side of the partition, doing built in shelves on one segment of the partition. Doing a small vault in the ceiling at the window so we can keep the widow its original height and let in extra natural light.

(7) kommentarer

• sunnydrew
    10 år siden
    paint it all white.
    gabbyk26 thanked sunnydrew
  • PRO
    DMH DESIGN
    10 år siden
    Yes, sunnydrew is right. At this height, any color will make the space seem even shorter. I just moved from a house with the proverbial "Grandma's attic" myself, and it was indeed white, with taupe carpet.
    gabbyk26 thanked DMH DESIGN
  • gabbyk26
    Forfatter
    10 år siden
    Argh! All white bums me out... I know I can impart color with deco, but would it be advantageous to make my ceiling lighter and go with a different shade of white on the vertical walls?
  • PRO
    DMH DESIGN
    10 år siden
    Studio makes some excellent points. Room orientation and accompanying natural light into the space may afford you some latitude. White worked well in our room which got natural light from three sides of the space, as the room was laid out in a SE to NW orientation.
    gabbyk26 thanked DMH DESIGN
  • PRO
    D.F. Painting
    10 år siden
    Here is a great article that will give you great ideas http://www.lindaholtinteriors.com/2012/07/painting-tip-dealing-with-angled-walls-and-sloped-ceilings/

I recommend tip #1
    gabbyk26 thanked D.F. Painting
  • PRO
    Design Nexus Interiors/DNI Inc.
    9 år siden
    Just happened onto this discussion. Would love to see how it's coming along. Any new photos showing some progress?
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.