kmartin12000

Help me pick the right paint color to complement cool crazy curtains!

kmartin12000
10 år siden
I'm redoing my daughter's playroom and realized I need to address several different color combinations. I found this great material but now I need to pick a wall color. The drapes with be pink on top, great material and black on bottom. Any help is much appreciated!!!!!

(13) kommentarer

• motownmom
    10 år siden
    Having redone several rooms in my house as the kids got older (playroom became sports/tv watching room, their bedrooms a zillion times as they grew) I'd recommend painting the walls white and bringing in color with rugs, bookcases, pillows. I know, I'm bland, but it's just so much easier, especially in a room that you will want to "grow" as she does, or as your needs as a family do.

You don't specify her age, but if she's small enough, I'd probably get a kid's table & chairs at a garage sale or re-sale store and paint the table one of the bright colors in the fabric, then the chairs a different bright color, get floor pillows in a solid of any of the colors for her to sit with friends while playing, then maybe some adult furniture in a solid in case you sit in there.

The print in the fabric is small, but busy. I'd flesh out the room with solids and maybe a wide stripe in white and one of the colors, but other prints would in my opinion be way too much.

I do love the fabric though!
    kmartin12000 thanked motownmom
  • BC7111
    10 år siden
    I don't know about white, but I might do a beige. That way the fabric is the important piece in the room.
    kmartin12000 thanked BC7111
  • Jeffery Rost
    10 år siden
    the color of the 'white' in the flowers would make a perfect wall color.
    kmartin12000 thanked Jeffery Rost
  • dclostboy
    10 år siden
    Is Ralph Lauren Purple Embassy too much?
    kmartin12000 thanked dclostboy
  • dclostboy
    10 år siden
    If going more sedate, think BM Elmira White is always a good choice.
    kmartin12000 thanked dclostboy
  • Gina C
    10 år siden
    I would do a greenish colour, there are a few flowers in there that look a yellowish green colour. Green is soothing in my opinion. Love the fabric, really cool!
    kmartin12000 thanked Gina C
  • kizzymay
    10 år siden
    I agree with painting the walls a light color taken from the fabric. The colors on the drapes along with toys and such would pop nicely against light colored walls.
    kmartin12000 thanked kizzymay
  • alindamood
    10 år siden
    It looks like there is a green in the curtain? I would go with a barely green that is almost white but has that hint of green in it.
    kmartin12000 thanked alindamood
  • PRO
    Bizzy Lizzy Designs, Inc.
    10 år siden
    I agree with alindamood, a very pale green, "muddied" up a bit, that is not too bright.
    kmartin12000 thanked Bizzy Lizzy Designs, Inc.
  • kmartin12000
    Forfatter
    10 år siden
    Thanks all - I don't know if my last comment made it but I am leaning toward a green. I just need to find the right one - the first one I found turned out neon green on my walls. I like the white and beige tones but thought I would do the first color something I could cover with a more conservative color later. I so appreciate the ideas. The purple mentioned is also intriguing even just as a broad stripe with the "white" around it. I really appreciate all your contributions. I feel ready to hit the paint store.
  • Geneviève
    9 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}9 år siden
    I say Lime and pink would look stunning with your fabric
    Artfully Arranged · Mere information

Dottie Sheer · Mere information
  • Geneviève
    9 år siden
    Here is another idea to show you how nice they both look
    LongMeadow girls room · Mere information
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.