niki_correia

Dresser paint help

Niki Correia
10 år siden
I purchased this dresser and am going to rehab and paint. I need suggestions.

Room theme is navy blue and light grey. Help with paint suggestions! I don't mind a pop of color!

(39) kommentarer

• 2dogssashatess
    10 år siden
    bright orange?
  • armygirl1987
    10 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}10 år siden
    Orange or blue.
  • PRO
    Bizzy Lizzy Designs, Inc.
    10 år siden
    Spicy orange if you want to go bold, grey with silver or pewter glaze if you like it more subtle. Depends on the style you're going for:)
  • PRO
    Creative Visual Concepts, Kevin Strader
    10 år siden
    Orange?
    Red?
    Purple?
    Pink?
  • Lesley Delle_Grazie
    10 år siden
    Teal?
    Re-tiqued By Rae Bond.: A Tall Frenchman in Green · Mere information
  • PRO
    Megan Summer Studios
    10 år siden
    Cool piece! A light whitewash with done of the wood peeking through would look great. You could do a few boldly colored designs on it if you wanted to add color, and maybe some crystal fixtures. Have fun and best wishes!
  • michee627
    10 år siden
    adult room, kid room, bedroom, office?
  • Niki Correia
    Forfatter
    10 år siden
    Adult bedroom. I've attached the headboard which were designing the room around.
  • User
    10 år siden
    Try Annie Sloan Chaulk paint. It is available in a large variery of colors and can be mixed to create your own color and look. Many local craft stores have seminars on ideas and how-tos. Look on the Annie Sloan website to see if a store near you carries it. Otherwise you can order it. :)
    Chalk Paint® decorative paint by Annie Sloan · Mere information
  • whitneypack
    10 år siden
    Terracotta, a sunny yellow, or black laquer. Have fun!
  • acroteria
    10 år siden
    Niki, isn't that a dresser from the late 1930's?
  • Niki Correia
    Forfatter
    10 år siden
    acroteria I think so. I just purchased it, and am picking it up this weekend. I haven't actually been able to inspect it.
  • PRO
    Megan Summer Studios
    10 år siden
    I'm sorry this is such a crude example:
  • PRO
    Warner Decor
    10 år siden
    I think a mustard yellow would look gorgeous with the colors you have listed. Here is an idea for knobs:
    http://www.deciture.com/shop/decor/9/antique-brass-bird-knobs-set-2/
  • PRO
    Lori Dennis, ASID, LEED AP
    10 år siden
    Painting it a mustard yellow or white would look great!
  • Mandie Click
    10 år siden
    If you want a pop of color go with oranges and yellows. You might even want to apply a mirror to the top for added light refraction. Changing out the hardware would also vastly update the piece. However! This piece looks quite old you may just want to wet sand this gorgeous piece and apply new stain and varnish. It is so lovely.
  • michee627
    10 år siden
    what color is the room? the curtains? the rug? the bedding? If you want energy in the room, I'd pick a color that is in the current stuff but NOT prominent and use that color on the cabinet (although I agree it is really pretty wood but I'm going with your painting question). If you want the room to be calm and soothing, choose something that is a MORE prominent color and repeat it in a different tone, or even choose a lighter version of your headboard.
  • Niki Correia
    Forfatter
    10 år siden
    The cabinet has some water damage on the bottom. If I can save it I'll just keep it natural. I'm thinking mustard if the damage is too prominent.
  • Robin Joyner
    10 år siden
    I would do Fire Engine Red! Is it for a boy? Or an Adult? Or turquoise! Paint it one color, then another. Sand it a little.
  • chrisinky
    10 år siden
    The water damage appears to be on the drawers, so maybe you could just paint them & leave the rest natural. I also like the dresser with floral drawers & sides.

Row House Interiors Bedroom · Mere information

Clear Creek Residence · Mere information

Sakura Chest · Mere information
  • PRO
    Barbara Griffith Designs
    10 år siden
    My choice would be gloss black.
  • chrisinky
    10 år siden
    happyasaclam, Can you explain a little about the Annie Sloan Chaulk paint? I have seen that suggested on discussions several times & kept wondering why people would paint their furniture with chalk board paint. From your pictures, apparently I have misunderstood & its not chalk board paint. I like the weathered look on those pieces. I want a similar look with white paint on a headboard we are going to make out of old doors.
  • Linda Treece
    10 år siden
    See the above pictures posted by happyasaclam. Annie Sloan paint supposedly can be used on most any surface. It's finish is semi-flat, "chalky" finish.... and is sealed with a special wax for durability. Also - many users like to use one color over another for an antique or aged look, or just to give some surface visual interest and depth to a furniture piece. Google it. Also check out the Miss Mustard Seed line of similar look "milk" paint.
  • User
    10 år siden
    Here are three youtube videos about the Annie Sloan paint.
  • chrisinky
    10 år siden
    Another neat idea
    Vassaro Chest · Mere information
  • User
    10 år siden
    She has a website you can go to to find a craft store that sells her paints and has seminars. What I like about it is you don't have to sand off the finish or degloss the piece you are going to paint.
  • chrisinky
    10 år siden
    Thanks. I will check out the videos.
  • A K
    10 år siden
    I would choose a cool toned shiny white and add crystal pulls for a glamour look. Make sure the white tone works with your grey headboard and blue. You could then carry the crystal into lamps or accent pieces. If you keep the piece neutral it will live with you for a long time. Hotel fluffy white duvet would be smashing for the bedding. Find accent pillows to pull the room together.
  • S Reams
    10 år siden
    This would be perfect in your room with a red color, darker antique glaze applied!
  • chriswlyons
    10 år siden
    Don't paint. Use a little paste wax and a slow speed buffer to make it shine like the day it was finished.
  • skystorm52
    10 år siden
    How about starting with a dark true marigold orange at the bottom and adding a little white paint as you go up a drawer. The top drawer could be just a hint of orange and the top could be covered with white gold. It's a shame you can't just restore the lovely original wood
  • brookandjason
    10 år siden
    I like the color of it now for contrast. Blue and gray can be cold colors so a warm helps balance it. Maybe try some kind of wood wax or oil to richen color....???maybe????
  • brookandjason
    10 år siden
    Good eye by the way. It has great curves. The drop pulls are awesome and the castor wheels are to die for. The piece could be used as is. Just shine it up
  • Valarie Dennard
    10 år siden
    It's a beautiful piece that needs some TLC. I would not paint it.
  • joe12333
    10 år siden
    Personally I would not paint it, but maybe a whitewash or a silvery (not metallic) grey may look nice.
  • kelst
    10 år siden
    Dove grey with a soft antique white on some of the detail trim
  • ebbsh
    10 år siden
    I had a similar old dresser. We painted it white and bought some fun hardware. It looks great.
  • chrisinky
    10 år siden
    I'm so glad you were able to save the wood. Even though there are so many pretty options with paint, I always prefer the wood stained, preferably a dark color. Looking forward to seeing the pics.
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.