kq346

TV cabinet decor

kq346
6 år siden
It took me almost a year but I finally got a larger TV and got it mounted on the wall ( suggestions made on a previous post). Now my question is do I have too much decor on the TV cabinet? I know I need to get the wires hidden. The tv is alittle higher off the cabinet then I would have liked but it was the best height for watching.

(11) kommentarer

• PRO
    Darla Powell Interiors
    6 år siden
    Yes. That's too distracting for viewing.
  • PRO
    Weber Interior Design
    6 år siden

I do think there is too much and too much that looks the same. I would eliminate anything below the tv or perhaps put the stack of books there and maybe just use the vase and flowers on one side. It doesn't always have to stay the same - at the holidays you might want to do a line of votives and some greenery, in the spring, perhaps some flowering bulbs on either side - mix it up and have fun!

kq346 thanked Weber Interior Design
  • laurkade
    6 år siden
    Love the suggestion of framing the tv. Yes, you have too many items on tv stand. Perhaps move vase of flowers to left of tv, and remove everything else.
    kq346 thanked laurkade
  • chloebud
    6 år siden

Yes...framing the TV would be good. It seems to look best when the console is about 25% wider than the TV, so the frame would help. Simplify the items on top of the console and what's on the shelves. Use fewer small items.

kq346 thanked chloebud
  • kq346
    Forfatter
    6 år siden

Thanks for all the input...I love the look of framing the TV so will look into that eventually, in the meantime trying to play around with some items I have or could easily pick up...here are a few pictures with some of your suggestions, any thoughts?

i also have two of these, I thought about trying to hang to the left and right and maybe just the bowl with succulents underneath? I have looked at photo ideas on several websites, but am having a hard time finding a set up similar to ours.

• kq346
    Forfatter
    6 år siden

Forgot to attach this picture..

I like the simple bowl underneath the television... Just looks to empty with nothing at all to the left or right

• My House
    6 år siden

The center objects are distracting. I understand your wanting to hide the tv wires. This might be your fastest fix. http://removeandreplace.com/2014/07/02/hide-tv-wires-how-to-the-easy-way/

kq346 thanked My House
  • kq346
    Forfatter
    6 år siden

Kate...thank you so much that is such an awesome easy fix for the wires! i have removed the floral vases under the TV and replaced with a simple bowl with succulents and agree it is much less distracting.

• Lace 87
    3 år siden

I like it and it‘s not too much. The flowers were a clever idea to hide those wires. You need a bigger tv that is the same width as the tv stand.

• Kate
    3 år siden

Where did the glass jar candle holders go? I like those instead of the vase with flowers.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.