39 indlæg
vesfl (zone 5b/6a, Western NY) startede en diskussion
My rose garden this year - Hello rose friends, I hope everyone is doing well and that gardening gives you joy and peace in these challenging times for the whole planet... Læs mere
8 synes godt om    22 kommentarer
vesfl (zone 5b/6a, Western NY) startede en diskussion
First flush of roses in my garden (finally!) - The rough winter and chilly spring this year delayed all the growth and blooms in our area by at least a couple of weeks. I kept myself busy... Læs mere
26 synes godt om    41 kommentarer
vesfl (zone 5b/6a, Western NY) startede en diskussion
Is anything wrong with these canes? - Dear rose friends, I've just purchased these roses and when I got home I noticed discoloration on some canes. I wonder if everything is all ... Læs mere
    10 kommentarer
vesfl (zone 5b/6a, Western NY) startede en diskussion
Removing invasive lesser celandine ('fig buttercup') - need advice - I've noticed this plant in clumps on many front lawns in my neighborhood. Last year there were a few clumps in our backyard lawn area and I ... Læs mere
    17 kommentarer
vesfl (zone 5b/6a, Western NY) startede en diskussion
What mulch and soil amendments do you use? - Soon I will have to add mulch for winter protection. Besides compost, I've been using shredded pine bark because it eventually decomposes in... Læs mere
2 synes godt om    25 kommentarer
vesfl (zone 5b/6a, Western NY) startede en diskussion
OT: For apple-lovers! Antique/heritage apples from our trip yesterday - Yesterday I went apple-picking at my favorite orchard in upstate New York. They have over 300 heirloom/antique apple varieties, which are, a... Læs mere
13 synes godt om    25 kommentarer
vesfl (zone 5b/6a, Western NY) startede en diskussion
Oh, no! More problems... Is this rose midge? - I was away for a couple of weeks only to find all of my reblooming roses without any blooms and with some strange black sepals (?) and defor... Læs mere
    15 kommentarer
vesfl (zone 5b/6a, Western NY) startede en diskussion
Reverence for Roses, Palatine - Hurrah for mail-order rose nurseries! - I've just got my first order from A Reverence for Roses, an 'Excelsa' rambler that I've been trying to find for a long time. It used to be o... Læs mere
15 synes godt om    42 kommentarer
vesfl (zone 5b/6a, Western NY) startede en diskussion
Cross post: Japanese beetles - best prevention/treatment? - Cross-posting the old thread that another forum member serendipitously revived earlier today. At that time we didn't have an option to simul... Læs mere
    9 kommentarer
vesfl (zone 5b/6a, Western NY) startede en diskussion
Is this Charles de Mills? - I planted this rose last year and there are a few indications that make me wonder if it is Charles de Mills as I thought it was. I read that... Læs mere
1 synes godt om    6 kommentarer
Vis flere begivenheder ...