barbav

Floors?

barbav
9 år siden
Our home is just like this and we are finally replacing flooring. Do you happen to know the type of wood used in this remodel? Thanks.
Deck House Remodel · Mere information

(6) kommentarer

• PRO
    Distinctive Architecture
    9 år siden
    The wood floor in this remodel is select northern white oak strip. "Select" grade tends to be a mix of #1, quarter-sawn and rift-sawn grades. Just as important, the flooring was sanded and site-finished with a a clear, water-based, matte polyurethane coating - no stain
  • PRO
    Custom Hardwood Supply
    9 år siden
    This is beautiful but I recently saw a large open space like this with American Cherry in a fairly wide width plank and it was gorgeous! Maple is another lighter choice if you want something really clean looking.
  • barbav
    Forfatter
    9 år siden
    Thanks to both of you! DA, I'm looking at select white oak samples now, in a natural as well as a warmer prefinished tone. Also looking at darker samples (where my heart is) of maple and bamboo. I'm just afraid that darker will close the space and make it too dark.
    CHS, I have samples of the natural maple, too, and I like the closed grain in contrast to the knotty cedar. I've been looking for photos of deck houses with darker floors, but not having much luck finding any.
  • PRO
    Distinctive Architecture
    9 år siden
    The dark brown paint/stain on the post and beam system, the deep, rich tones of the mahogany windows and the cedar ceilings all soak up light and tend to give deck houses a somber, muted interior character. You cannot put too much daylight and electric light into them. If you have a light toned floor and overhead lights that reflect off it, you'll get a much brighter feel to the space. Note in the images of my project that we introduced a lot of track and pendant lighting for this very purpose. Best wishes on your project - Bill
  • barbav
    Forfatter
    9 år siden
    You are so right, Bill. Even with wall to wall windows it's quite dark. Thanks for you comments.
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.