buckleup2000

Help! Mouldy furniture.

Luke Buckle
9 år siden
Have you had experience dealing with mould growing on wooden furniture? I'm looking into improving our ventilation but firstly, how do I salvage the rear of this tallboy? (The photo makes it look a bit worse than it is.)

(6) kommentarer

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    9 år siden
    Replace the back panels, they are just cheap pieces of masonite but you have a real moisture problem that needs to be addressed right now.
  • PRO
    Cancork Floor Inc.
    9 år siden
    You can clean this all you want, but the moisture issue will need to be worked on very quickly. Ventilation will only help "dry out" moisture that is already been allowed in. Moisture mitigation (not allowing it in) is going to be the requirement.

Even if you improve ventilation, you will still need to find the source of the moisture and then to remedy the problem.
    Luke Buckle thanked Cancork Floor Inc.
  • Luke Buckle
    Forfatter
    9 år siden
    Thanks @Cancork, that's a very useful point to make. I am looking into a very expensive ventilation solution but removing the source of the moisture is not part of their system. Prevention always beats cure.
  • PRO
    Solarventi
    8 år siden

It is essential you source the point of moisture or leak that is causing the mould to feed. You don't need to replace the panel. Wash down with a combination of tea tree oil, board and vinegar and warm water. then dry out directly in the sun. You will need to aerate the area it is in - wall and/floor. If there are other items with mould, namely clothes, then fumigating with chlorine dioxide biocide is a great resolution.

• User
    8 år siden

Yes, replace the Masonite and find the source of the moisture. Do you have a bathroom on the other side of the wall that could be leaking?

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.