christine_smith2399

How do I repair laminate cabinet?

Christine Smith
9 år siden
We just bought a 13 year old house. The kitchen cabinets are white laminate. I want these cabinets to last a few more years. I noticed this 'wear' mark above a cabinet door. I tried white paint but it stuck out like a sore thumb. Any ideas?
Thanks!

(10) kommentarer

• PRO
    OnePlan
    9 år siden
    Fred will know !!
    Youuuu whooo Fred ... Someone needs you !!!!!! ( hope he will turn up !!! What that man doesn't know isn't worth knowing anyway !) he's fab !!!
  • User
    9 år siden
    Laminate isn't really repairable. The touchup that you tried is about as good as is gets. 13 year old laminate cabinets are the signal to start planning a kitchen redo.
  • fredm51
    9 år siden
    I know you are talking about Fred S but let me give it a shot. The best primer I have found is STIX buy it by the qt. and cover the face frame. It is impossible to match the color and sheen of laminate. Use a brite white and a satin sheen to see if that is what you want. Try a small area on the inside of the cabinet first.
  • apple_pie_order
    9 år siden
    Fredm51's advice is good. For the top coat of paint, take a door down to the paint store and get a computer match. It will be excellent, not perfect. Satin sheen is probably right, not high gloss, not flat. Could be eggshell. Ask the paint store people.

A baby food jar full of paint and a cheap disposable brush with a rubber band around the pair will be useful in future touchups.
  • fredm51
    9 år siden
    I just wanted to add that the Primer is very important to this project. It must be interior exterior primer, that will work with oil or latex paint and will adhere to both the bare wood and laminate. Check Amazon's rating for Stix Primer. You can get it a Ace. Do a test area on the inside of the cabinet with the paint and primer.
  • Christine Smith
    Forfatter
    9 år siden
    Thank you for all the advice. A kitchen redo is so not in the budget with my ongoing medical bills. I will definitely take all the advice and do it!
    Thanks again....I had no idea where to start!
  • PRO
    Kyle's Wood Touch Up And Repair
    9 år siden
    there's a product called kwik seal. it comes in white and all other colors. there little squeezeable tubes. I have white. I use this product for laminate repairs...Dave from Kyle's Wood Touch Up And Repair :)
  • Aileen Stone
    8 år siden
    Does it come in other colors? My cupboards are dark and a spot near the pull has been scrubbed bare of its finish.
  • PRO
    Kyle's Wood Touch Up And Repair
    8 år siden
    could you show me a picture of what your dealing with?
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.