hemiwood

Wall paint advice

hemiwood
9 år siden
We are updating our kitchen, starting with patching plaster walls and then painting. I want to paint one wall with chalk board paint, but can't decide which wall to choose. I have my choice narrowed down between two walls. The wall with the light switch (first photo) faces the kitchen, which I like, but then I think I would have to paint the drywalled beam that runs parallel into it because it would look odd to paint a dividing line. I can choose the wall that the beam runs perpendicular (second photo) into, but that wall faces the living room and I don't really want to see my grocery list and kids doodles from the living room. Any advice?

(6) kommentarer

• decoenthusiaste
    9 år siden
    Before you do that, you might buy some black poster board just cover that wall with it for a few days to see what you think. If I were doing it I'd put trim around the kitchen and living room sides of that big opening and paint all of it on the kitchen side - above it and on the right side if there is one.
  • happyleg
    9 år siden
    Paint the stick out wall.
  • PRO
    DECORFIN
    8 år siden

Instead of using regular flat paint, you should use some Venetian plaster that we propose to enrich the look of your kitchen.

• miacometlady
    8 år siden
    I'm not a huge fan of a large space for chalkboard. Chalk is MESSY! Think back to your old school days!
  • zazfuzzroc
    8 år siden

I would paint the wall inside the kitchen. I believe you answered that when you said you didn't want to see it from the living room. :) I think the above idea for making a large frame out of trim could work fine in that spot. My question is... if you're not wanting a frame, then what is to the right side of the opening? (kitchen side?)

PS I really like your idea, I think it can look very cool! ;)

Whitmore Plan at The Meadows at Camino A Lago | Phoenix, AZ · Mere information

I love this one... :) Good luck with whatever you decide. :)

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.