noladesign

How to frame vintage textiles?

noladesign
12 år siden
I have a 20" x 20" vintage Kuba cloth that I would like to frame. I want to make sure I have a good idea of the best framing method before I take it to the framer. What would be the best method to preserve it and properly show it of?

(3) kommentarer

• annbowlan
    12 år siden
    Be sure to use conservation glass to protect the fabric from light damage and make sure your framer uses spacers or sufficient matting so that the piece doesn't touch the glass.
  • mousemaker
    12 år siden
    you might also check with a local curator (hopefully at a museum) for more information.
    it's a beautiful piece.
  • PRO
    Karen's Detail Custom Frames
    12 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}12 år siden
    This beautiful piece would look great floating on top of a soft cream/beigh or rust linen with some texture approx 3" border to show off the unique edges and use spacers with the conservation clear glass (or the museum glass would look even better but pricey) to give a three dimensional look and finish with a medium wood tone frame, not too busy, with a vintage feel and approx 2" wide and atleast 1"high for the spacing. The piece should be carefully attached by sewing to the background fabric.
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.