cinzialuisa

Help me dress my front entrance please

cinzialuisa
9 år siden
Hi all

We have just moved into a new place and I'm not sure how to dress my front entrance. There is a large window as soon as you walk through the front door. There are decorative exposed brick pillars on either side of the window. I'm worried that a console table would cover too much of the window. Any ideas are welcome and pictures would be awesome too. Thanks :-)

(9) kommentarer

• anitadavis
    9 år siden
    pull in some green from the plants outside....
  • apple_pie_order
    9 år siden
    It's the green, thriving garden view that people will notice, not the entry way. Just add a rug in the entry.
  • printesa
    9 år siden
    I wouldn't add anything in front of the window. I would focus on the garden outside.
  • midmodfan
    9 år siden
    Not everything has to be "dressed". The beautiful view speaks for itself.
  • cctuttle
    9 år siden
    Could you post a picture showing further to the right and left of the window. what your entry needs is wall color and connection to the beautiful outdoor scene. Consider to the right of the window where there is tile not wood (this is where a photo showing more would help) placing a ceramic pot either a bold color such as orange or an earthy color containing a live plant such as snake plant that grows up not out. This will bring a touch of the outdoor element into the entry. I agree that window dressing would detract and that a nice entry rug would enhance the area. Hard to give ideas without knowing what the rest of your décor is like...
  • PRO
    Lynne Lawson's Decorating Den Interiors
    9 år siden
    Yes, the view does speak for itself. But if you would like to add some decorative accents so the space doesn't feel so empty, try placing a tall vase with bamboo next to the window to compliment the view outside. Add an entry rug that would also bring in the view from outside (like a green patterned rug). I hope this helps!
  • cctuttle
    9 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}9 år siden
    The green rug is nice for a clam monochromatic feel. Consider also a more dramatic look by using as a complimentary color such as red-orange. This entry is large and dramatic so make a statement with your rug...and bring some color into the walls. Even a mid tone to dark gray would add some richness to match the beautiful window.
  • PRO
    Bouquet Gardens (UK)
    9 år siden
    Create a floral flower layout in the garden and leave the entrance hallway unfurnished. The suggestion of a complimentary rug is a good one.
    If, you must have a console table try to place a glass or clear plexi-glass table there and keep the view un-interupted.
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.