mtshomes

How to make this slatted wood sliding door?

mtshomes
9 år siden
Love your slatted sliding door! Can you please tell me where you had it custom made, or where I can source materials to do it myself please? Thanks.
Gananoque Lake Road House · Mere information

(6) kommentarer

• PRO
    Solares Architecture
    9 år siden
    Thanks! The doors were custom made by our client. He personally felled the poplar trees, then had them milled into planks. I don't know the exact details but I do know that the slats are held together with black mesh webbing which is riveted into the backs of the boards., then hung on standard track from KN Krowder. The doors make a lovely clinking noise when you open and close them, like a wind chime!
  • Todd Cramer
    9 år siden
    Hi love the doors- how will they do long term to prevent warping since its not engineered wood? Easy to operate or ackward. Did track work out well or does door pop out. What did the mesh do to hold together. Like to do these myself or find someone to do this any leads?
  • PRO
    Solares Architecture
    9 år siden
    Hi again! Got some info from our client for you. There's no warping because each slat is solid Poplar board 32” x 5-1/4” x 3/4” and is not constrained by anything. And they're easy to operate because the tracks are industrial strength and design (see http://www.kncrowder.com/slidingdoor).

There is only 1 track and it is located at the top, and the roller glide mechanism is captive in the track. They didn't want a track on the floor because that would get in the way and be visible all the time. When the doors are drawn to one side or the other, the floor is clear of any obstruction.

The slats are held together by woven nylon webbing located in slots cut into the ends of the slats and are held in place by a screw from behind. The webbing is wrapped around the top and bottom slats. He also mentioned to make sure that the clearance between the last slat and the floor is at least 2”, because the webbing stretches with humidity.

Hope that helps!
  • PRO
    Solares Architecture
    9 år siden

Thanks, Cameron! I've been looking in our files and found that the color is named Flaming Sword! I think it was by Dulux, but I'm still looking to confirm that.

• PRO
    Solares Architecture
    9 år siden

Actually, the paint was Select Interior Acrylic Eggshell from a Canadian company called C.I.L. (cil.ca) But the color was called Flaming Sword.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.