catowns

Need help refurbishing old barrels

catowns
9 år siden
Hey! So I came across two old barrels at my lake house, and would like to refurbish them for my apartment. I'm looking to make them more rustic looking. As you can see, they are painted white and are cheaply made. Does anyone know how I could go about fixing these up?

(2) kommentarer

• Curt D'Onofrio
    9 år siden
    Not sure what material are your buckets. My lady Clo used wood stain on our white wicker chairs. They look great
  • PRO
    Kyle's Wood Touch Up And Repair
    9 år siden
    You will first need to strip off the existing paint....use wood stripper. apply by brush. follow the instructions and exercise safety first. use a paint scrapper lightly to remove the majority of the paint. use lacquer thinner and steel wool...0 or 00 will do. then wipe it down again with a rag and lacquer thinner...this is to ensure its clean of stripper and contaminants. then your left with raw wood...do what you will after that...good luck and send me a pic when your finished...I would like to see...have fun!!!
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.