libratravel

Does anyone know anything about Hardie plank?

libratravel
9 år siden
Need new siding and this keep coming up in my search. Anyone have experience?

(7) kommentarer

• groveraxle
    9 år siden
    I've had hardiplank for two years and it's been great. If you want to wait another ten years or so, I'll let you know how it holds up.
  • PRO
    Assimilation Design Lab LLC
    9 år siden
    Make sure you get a hardi certified installer. They have some specific details to maintain the warranty. Asides from that, it's a great product. Very durable. A solid pvc for trim may be a better option too, than using the hardi trim.
  • Louis
    9 år siden
    We've had Hardie prefinished siding for a year and love it. Imperative you use a Hardie certified reseller & installers. Buying from such a company gives you the assurance that your Hardie product will be installed correctly. We choose the prefinished to save the hassle of finding a painting company experienced with Hardie. Hardie products are first rate and well worth the cost. Do not use just any company.
  • User
    9 år siden
    Read the fine print on the website, especially installation instructions as to whether it can touch the earth etc. in Australia it does not claim to be fire resistant and says it is not water resistant, so we found a product competitor that claims it is both of those things. Of course, in the old asbestos days it was fire resistant.
    Some people won't go near Hardie because of the asbestos victims cases, but I think if you have the right application, why not. They can't pay out the victims if they're a dead company.
    We prefer to use as little timber externally as possible due to local bushfires, even though hubby can get timber cheaply and it looks nice.
  • Kat Norwood
    9 år siden
    I understand that Hardie is a combination of wood fiber and cement.... !!! It has a GREAT reputation, and looks good! MUST use a CERTIFIED INSTALLER, tho, to have it done RIGHT! (and who would NOT want to have it done RIGHT?) Good luck! We have had it for over five (%) years now, with NO problems!
  • PRO
    Neu Construction, Inc
    5 år siden

All good advise - follow it!

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.