tacomd

Need help deciding on flooring

tacomd
9 år siden
I have decided on the granite and cabinet style and color for my basement kitchenette. I' m trying to decide on flooring. The flooring in kitchenette will be used as the flooring for the entire basement.. Here are pictures of 3 floor samples, cabinet door, and granite. I need help deciding which floor looks the best with cabinet & granite.

(18) kommentarer

• tamwow
    9 år siden
    Love #3 the darkest of the choices. Infinite possibilities for decorating, rich tone and depth, classic feel that will never go out of style!
    tacomd thanked tamwow
  • cmeister419
    9 år siden
    Your kitchen may be very dark if you choose both dark cabinets and dark floor. That being said, I also like option 3
    tacomd thanked cmeister419
  • PRO
    J Design Group - Interior Designers Miami - Modern
    9 år siden
    I think everyone is correct. I prefer number three as well. Good luck

J Design Group, Miami Interior Designer - Miami - Sunny Isles - South Beach - Coral Gables - South Miami - Pinecrest - Williams Island - Modern Interior Design Firm in Miami, Florida - Ocean Front Contemporary Decorators - http://www.JDesignGroup.com
    tacomd thanked J Design Group - Interior Designers Miami - Modern
  • tacomd
    Forfatter
    9 år siden
    There are 2 kitchen photos on Houzz that have the grey stained cabinets very similar to what I'm using. The photo that has the light flooring which is the exact sample that I have can be found in Houzz photos listed as mirage maple greystone #1 photo (hardwood flooring). The second photo with the floor color similar to the dark floor sample ( not the same sample that I have) can be found in Houzz photos listed as Altadore II the #2 photo ( Sagebrook Developments). After looking at these 2 photos, do you still like the darker flooring best? This flooring will be in a kitchen as well as the entire basement. I don't want the basement to be too dark.
  • PRO
    HB Home Services LLC
    9 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}9 år siden
    I would have to say the 4th. I think number three would make the kitchen a bit dark. The fourth I think would bring out the color of the cabinets while also making the room look lighter.
    tacomd thanked HB Home Services LLC
  • Leann Crouse
    9 år siden
    What kind of flooring is that 3rd flooring. The grayish brown one? Looking at flooring and I love that color
    tacomd thanked Leann Crouse
  • PRO
    Bath Plus, Designer Showroom
    9 år siden
    The third sample looks like it gives you the most contrast and has the most personality. Definitely paint the walls a light color and have fantastic lighting in your kitchen. Can't wait to see the final results! Good Luck!
    tacomd thanked Bath Plus, Designer Showroom
  • PRO
    Rousseau Reclaimed
    9 år siden
    Always has to be a that one person that's different, (sorry about this) but I like the color of the lighter flooring in the first picture. It's soft, warm and still brings contrast against the cabinet door and granite. The darker floor (pic #3) is certainly a viable option and provides even more contrast to the cabinet door and to the granite, but there's something more soothing about the color-play when the lighter colored floor is pictured........
  • tacomd
    Forfatter
    9 år siden
    The grayish brown flooring is made by Mirage and it is Greystone Maple. It comes in solid and engineered.
  • tacomd
    Forfatter
    9 år siden
    HB Service do you mean the 1st flooring which is the lighter grayish brown?
  • Winn Richardson
    9 år siden
    I really like the first one. Very modern and clean.
    tacomd thanked Winn Richardson
  • PRO
    Smart Spaces
    9 år siden
    The first image is the best for aesthetics... at least from the photo and lighting.
    tacomd thanked Smart Spaces
  • PRO
    CS Art Services
    9 år siden
    i like the first one and the last one beautiful
    tacomd thanked CS Art Services
  • bamamom
    9 år siden
    I like the first one too
    tacomd thanked bamamom
  • PRO
    Nesco Upholstery
    9 år siden
    Last one and then some area rugs where necessary perhaps!
    tacomd thanked Nesco Upholstery
  • PRO
    Giz Design Studio LLC
    9 år siden
    The 3rd one.
    tacomd thanked Giz Design Studio LLC
  • sxp245
    6 år siden

tacomd, what did you finally go with? I have a similar cabinet color with Caesarstone london grey countertop and am trying to decide on floors. I have Somerset mist and Mirage Greystone top on my list as of now for flooring, but worried if its too dark for my bottom/island cabinets (Omega smokey hills). I have white cabinets on top. the floor with be throughout the house (open floor plan).

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.