hzdeleted_16334831

Please help me

User
9 år siden
This room is very plain. I'm wanting to add some "manly" decor. FYI whatever i do I must undo when I move out (this is an apt)

(53) kommentarer

• hatetoshop
    9 år siden
    Frame and matte your art, using black or silver frames or get edgier, larger art. A different lamp base in silver. Here are some pics to give you more ideas:
    Lakeview Residence Bedroom · Mere information

Preserve Point · Mere information

Funky Fresh Basement · Mere information

Terra Moda - Model Home Master Bedroom · Mere information
  • User
    Forfatter
    9 år siden
    Boundsgreener thanks for the comment. It's more like the second photo. What do you call those big pillow things.... You know the ones that sit on the back of your be. I'm a very visual person and I'm having trouble visualizing your suggestions
  • User
    Forfatter
    9 år siden
    Hate to shop I really like the second one. Any good suggestions for art
  • boundsgreener
    9 år siden
    I think you mean pillow shams, but they call them different things in different parts of the world. European pillow is another word - big square pillows. Here's a photo to start you off (ignore the walls, obviously, but the bed colour is similar).
    Contemporary Bedroom · Mere information

I'll look for more and also a lamp I'm talking about.
  • boundsgreener
    9 år siden
    This is the kind of lamp I mean:
    Vintage Lamp · Mere information
    You can get them shiny (nickel), matt, colours, vintage, reproduction, etc. but I think the style might be what you are looking for. Or maybe not?

Here's another bedroom photo with white walls and big art, like hatetoshop and groveraxle also suggested:
    Cary Bernstein Architect Choy 2 Residence · Mere information
  • boundsgreener
    9 år siden
    Well, that last one is great, but this is the one I meant:
    Modern Loft Bedroom · Mere information
  • User
    Forfatter
    9 år siden
    Definitely the style I'm looking for. You are awesome. I'm only going to be in this city and apartment for about a year. Now where can I buy this stuff some where online. Ahh one more thing let me tell you. So the walls don't go up to the ceiling they stop about a foot shy. It's almost like a studio/1 bed
  • User
    Forfatter
    9 år siden
    What do you think about
  • User
    Forfatter
    9 år siden
    What do you think about doing something like this in the living room.. I have gotten rid of the couch. I already have an extra mattress and need a sort of sofa bed for guests.
  • User
    Forfatter
    9 år siden
    Ahhhh I think trying to think about the whole apartment at one time is overwhelming. Let's start with the bed sheets. I just bought the white sheets and the brown duvet. Next would be pillows and throws?
  • User
    Forfatter
    9 år siden
    Wow how did you do that
  • User
    Forfatter
    9 år siden
    Mural I like... Bedding I think is overwhelming
  • groveraxle
    9 år siden
    What brown duvet? Hard to see underneath your ties.
  • groveraxle
    9 år siden
    Here's a suggestion. Go make your bed--I know that's not a manly thing to do--with the white sheets and the brown duvet, and post another photo so we can see what you actually have. Other than a boatload of ties.
  • User
    Forfatter
    9 år siden
    It's the main picture with the grey towel
  • User
    Forfatter
    9 år siden
    Wow that was very Kurt. The one with grey towel on it is it made. I attached another one also
  • User
    Forfatter
    9 år siden
    One more pic of it made and one from the hallwAy showing the sliding door and short walls
  • tabelle70
    9 år siden
    Grover's first pic is great! Overwhelming you how? To many pillows? You wouldn't have to use them all. I think the current duvet is not enough color and no pattern. The plaid one is very manly. As is the wall mural.
  • rosiegabby
    9 år siden
    Here is a simple masculine look you might like and would not have much trouble finding comparable items. The geometric pattern on the bench could be use on decorative pillows instead.

http://houzz.com/photos/1001329
  • User
    Forfatter
    9 år siden
    What if i add a throw at the bottom?
  • User
    Forfatter
    9 år siden
    Lamo that really made me laugh. I said "manly/masculine" not frat boy college dormish. Lol. I'm 30 so something appropriate for my age =P
  • groveraxle
    9 år siden
    Hey, Loke A. Shun, are you related to Design on a Lime?
  • makaloco
    9 år siden
    The current various shades of brown are pretty manly, but the gray is throwing it off, IMO. I'd use burnt orange/terra cotta accents. Also, the lamp is kind of girly. Groveraxle's lamp is good. The mural is cool, too, but I'd do it in a light sepia. The pillows in your second photo are fine except for the gray one in the middle of the bed. Your calligraphy art is nice, but the pieces need to be lower and closer together. There may be a better place for them than above the headboard.
  • dekalbfire
    9 år siden
    paint the wall a charcoal gray I love the bed. and add new bedding with a beige or cream.
    a couple of pictures on the wall and your done.
  • rosiegabby
    9 år siden
    Be sure and throw a sheet on the box spring unless your other bedding covers it.
  • User
    9 år siden
    Loke A.Shun teams up with Design on a Lime and design is forever changed lol;))
  • User
    9 år siden
    Perhaps a lamp like this sitting next your new animal print futon would man it up a bit;)
    'A Christmas Story' 40-Inch Leg Lamp · Mere information
  • PRO
    David's Flooring
    9 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}9 år siden
    Hello!! "love the bed". Blue color wall will make the bedroom look bright and clean, will make the beige from the bed frame and carpet floor stand out, and the black night table will go very well with the blue color too.. I will recommend a dark grey color sheets and maybe some blue decorative pillows... Blue and Grey are tones that will make a big change and will show your masculine side.... Another suggestion is to add a big picture frame right on top of your bed, something nice, black and white picture, with a vintage gold color frame... after painting the walls..
  • PRO
    Bepa Studio
    9 år siden
    Bepa Studio has unique art for any room. Check it out. Will ship framed or unframed. BepaStudio.com
  • User
    Forfatter
    9 år siden
    This is so anxiety provoking. I appreciate all the genuine comments. What comes so easy to a lot of you is really difficult for some. I have actually gotten no where. maybe I should just start with changing one focal point??? There must some sort of science, formula to this?
  • User
    Forfatter
    9 år siden
    https://www.ruelala.com/boutique/collection/73547/108460/

Anything from here you guys would suggest?
  • groveraxle
    9 år siden
    There is no formula. You're in an apartment. There's a limit to what you can do. Find a room that has the style you love and copy it.

BTW, tossing the pillows to the head of the bed and pulling up the duvet is not making the bed. It's okay, because I don't make my bed either, except when I expect someone to see it. This is a made bed:
    Contemporary Bedroom · Mere information
  • groveraxle
    9 år siden
    That ruelala site requires you to join, so I won't be looking there. Made that mistake with Joss and Main.

Your brown duvet looks more yellowy-tan. The whole room is too bright. Cover that back wall with a removable wallpaper or mural if you can't paint.

As for the living room, no to the pallet furniture. It looks like college-apartment leftovers. Futons have come a long way; now they look like regular sofas:
    Romano Modern Convertible Sofa Bed in Black Eco-Leather · Mere information
  • groveraxle
    9 år siden
    If you're willing to paint...
  • PRO
    Mirror Windows
    9 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}9 år siden
    A set of Mirror Windows will do wonders to your room, as it adds space and grace.
  • rosiegabby
    9 år siden
    It's art not science which is why it's so difficult to get a handle on if you are not naturally artistic.
  • User
    Forfatter
    9 år siden
    Grover, I really like the first style you sent me with the brown bed. What would i need to buy to make my bed look like that and I was wondering if you knew somewhere online that was reasonable in the states??
  • User
    Forfatter
    9 år siden
    I absolutely love the style and look of that futon. However it is extremely out of my price range
  • User
    Forfatter
    9 år siden
    Yea I know Rosie. I appreciate everyone's advice and reassurance
  • groveraxle
    9 år siden
    kashifk9, my potatoes are calling for me to scrub them, so you're on your own for a while. But there are futons that look very much like the one above that are much cheaper, probably in the $300 range.

Bedding is one of the things that Overstock.com does well. If you're talking about the Europeo bedroom photo above, see if you can find a duvet, comforter, or blanket in shades of black/gray/brown. Something geometric: stripes or plaids, no swirls.

If you find something you like, post the link here and I'll check in on you later. ;-)
  • Patty Scott
    9 år siden
    Groveraxle"s first post re commending the bed in a bag, because it pairs sheets, pillow cases, and comforter all coordinated are perfect idea for this fellow who seems overwhelmed by all the decisions out there. Sort of like granimals outfits for kids, except for beds instead.
  • rosiegabby
    9 år siden
    You are going to have to get the right size pillow inserts if you want to pull off a polished look. Pottery Barn inserts are fluffy and not too expensive.
  • kmkemblowski
    9 år siden
  • boundsgreener
    9 år siden
    Ok kashifk9, I feel like you need either a hug or a kick in the pants to make a decision! Do you like groveraxle's suggestions? She's given some good and detailed ones. Just push the button and buy the bedding! Once you've done that I'm sure you'll feel better and more confident about the next decisions.

Let us know when your yummy new bedding arrives :)
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.