mrwillie

Need help with windows

mrwillie
9 år siden
I need suggestions for these bedroom windows. I'm removing the shutters and old fashioned curtains. There are four windows in a bay shaped area. The ceiling goes up very high in a turret shape in this part of the bedroom only. I have two chairs and a small table that go in this area. The bedroom has a formal feel with a four poster iron bed and a marble fireplace. Colors will be painted taupe and cream with white chair rail and crown molding.
Any help would be appreciated.

(6) kommentarer

• Maureen
    9 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}9 år siden
    I would continue using shutters, but in black, customized as per picture. You could also add a rod above the arch and add drapery that is lined.
    [houzz=
    Plantation Shutters · Mere information
    ]; [houzz=
    Wine Country Spanish Estate · Mere information
    ]
  • User
    9 år siden
    Do you need a window treatment for privacy? If so, I would suggest something more along these lines.. similar to what Maureen has suggested but made for your specific style of window. Not knowing what else you have in the room, I'm a bit hesitant to suggest color at this point.

http://www.blinds.com/images/product/newpictures/thumbnail_1226513996.gif
  • PRO
    Drapery Connection
    9 år siden
    I would consider maybe doing draperies, but a bit different. Maybe adding an iron rod that goes along with the bed, and going with taupe or cream colored draperies would do the trick. That way you can get rid of the shutters, but still have your privacy.
  • mrwillie
    Forfatter
    9 år siden
    The iron bed is actually a cream color. It's an unusual bed with a half canopy. I like the larger shutters. I would like drapes also.
    I do need the window coverings for privacy and light control. The room gets a lot of light which wakes you up on the weekends. If I picked drapes should I have 2 panels at each of the four windows?
  • PRO
    Drapery Connection
    9 år siden
    That's totally up to you, but I think that would be a good idea. I like the dark shutter idea as well. It would give you that extra privacy, and it would also add a nice darkness to the room with all of the light colors you have in there. It would also look gorgeous with the arch!
  • PRO
    Bali Blinds
    9 år siden
    Consider bottom up/top down blinds or roman shades to give you more control of light and privacy.
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.