vera_faith

Colours help

Faith Private
9 år siden
I have edge comb gray walls... I like this couch at urban barn... do you think the colors will go or is the grey too light? the floors are a lighter hardwood but I am changing them out for medium walnut, trim is white, doors white and oiled bronze handles, lights etc.. blinds are white.

(16) kommentarer

• PRO
    Sandy G. ltd.
    9 år siden
    Really need to see the room. Is this sofa going to be placed on the light gray wall or will it be floating in there?
    Faith Private thanked Sandy G. ltd.
  • Andrea Smith
    9 år siden
    What look are you going for? More details! If you want light and airy, probably... if you want something more cozy, try a darker color. All depends on style.
    Faith Private thanked Andrea Smith
  • Faith Private
    Forfatter
    9 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}9 år siden
    Here are a couple of pics... ignore the current chairs they are going and so is the floor. We are also considering ordering a couple of stressless chairs in either chocolate brown if it works with this color. I have another choice of light tan, but it would cost me 500 more just because of the color. I was thinking of adding off white knitted cushions and perhaps deep grey.
    Pictures are lousy... sorry it's night here and it's a cell phone shot.
    Walls are Edgecomb Gray, Trim is decorators white, Flooring will be medium walnut, Couch will be where the two recliner chairs are now... Will be adding a built -out feature wall where the tv is and a linear fireplace with Black metal tiles in a linear line... Tv will be above the fireplace. The Blinds over the patio door will be gone and the sliding patio door will be switched out for French doors and horizontal blinds. The kitchen cabs will be shaker white. I know I should wait to do the couch last but we really need more seating for guests.
    Thanks for all comments
  • PRO
    Black Cat Interiors
    9 år siden
    Are you wanting a monochromatic color scheme? I'm not loving the grey couch with the walls (and grey and white cushions) but you can make it work if that's the look you're going for. If not mono, I'd consider adding another accent color.
    Faith Private thanked Black Cat Interiors
  • Faith Private
    Forfatter
    9 år siden
    I am just wondering if the grey in the couch will match the edgecomb gray or is it too bland? I do like a punch of color and the beige other choice will also be bland? Should I stay with Chocolate brown? I do like this couch but just wondering if the color is too light with the wall color? Cushions I can change around as needed. I just saw those colors in the store and it added a good punch of color.
    Thanks for comments
  • PRO
    Sandy G. ltd.
    9 år siden
    So far it looks like you are heading down the white, gray and black road. The chink in this room is the tan/brown rug. Tan is going to bring the crispness of the palette down - making the rug look dirty. Find another rug that is bigger and that has no beige in it.
  • PRO
    Black Cat Interiors
    9 år siden
    Ok so here's an example of gray monochromatic. It's not bland when done well but the question is whether or not this is the look you're going for.
    If not, I wouldn't get a couch that's so similar to the wall color, or get the couch and change the walls (or even just add an accent wall). It's not really a question of "too light" or not - it's as someone mentioned earlier, the type of style you're going for. Mono is very calming/relaxing. If you want the room to have more energy, you'll want a bit of contrast. You could still get the couch however, and add contrast in other ways (curtains, pillows, rug, art, decor).

http://houzz.com/photos/98059
    Faith Private thanked Black Cat Interiors
  • Faith Private
    Forfatter
    9 år siden
    I picked up the couch... It looks pretty good... with the paint, I was nerous, didn't want to repaint and it's super comfy. Will have to add a deeper coloured carpet and when I change out the floors it will all flow better. Thanks for all the comments. For now I will lower my clock by about 5 inches... looks too high right? Going shopping for some deeper coloured cushions. Do I need new lamps now or can I keep the chocolate? I do have two just didn't finish setting up when the pic was taken.
  • PRO
    Black Cat Interiors
    9 år siden
    Chocolate lamps are fine. Still would like to see more color.
  • Faith Private
    Forfatter
    9 år siden
    I like that room it's cosy and inviting and still looks dressed up. Like the pillow with the yellow too... where did you get that one? Thanks for comments. I was going to try some blacks, browns, tiny bit of orange or yellow.
  • Faith Private
    Forfatter
    9 år siden
    How about these rugs with my new sophia couch I am trying to blend in my chocolate browns and woods in medium tones and am hoping to match up a stress less chair in chocolate brown or? suggestions? No kids at this home.. This home is a empty nester.
  • PRO
    Ekhaya Designs
    9 år siden
    I like those rugs. If you choose any one of those rugs add movement to the room by adding pillows with patterns to dress up your sofa. Add more art and a bit more color.

The pillows I attached earlier we had them custom made.
  • PRO
    Sandy G. ltd.
    9 år siden
    Your clock is stunning!

Here are a few more ideas for you to consider. The rug below has a lot of contrast, which is always nice in a monochromatic space. It also has a good amount of chocolate in it. If you have another wall that needs something, a black/white print would work nicely.

The striped rug has some subtle color in it and more contrast. Contrast is one thing that keeps rooms from becoming "blah".

Care must be taken, however, so that the dark elements are not scattered around the room like crazy or it will be polka-dotty and you are not sure where to look next.

A good way to think about this is to develop a focal wall with the big contrasts and then add a few darks elsewhere in the space. A lamp, a pillow pattern that has darks, large ceramic pot, etc.
  • Faith Private
    Forfatter
    9 år siden
    My focal point will be my fieplace wall once i get ot done
    Since its a small place it will be dramatic si the rest will coordinate
    Question if i add some more art around the clock wont it be too fussy? Or do uou have any suggestions?
  • Faith Private
    Forfatter
    9 år siden
    This is going to be the kitchen my next project i am working on and can be seen from the living room. The flooring will be throughout.
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.