Long narrow bedroom/den

Nancy
9 år siden
We have a room 9x20 with a patio door that is set up as a den and bedroom. We make use of the bed a few times a year.

Can anyone suggest how to make good use of this room and how to layout our furniture.

Built ins??

(19) kommentarer

• rocketjcat
    9 år siden
    I wouldn't enjoy making the bed with it pushed up against the wall. I would center it on the back wall, with small tables and lamp on each side. Then center the love seat at the foot of the bed, move the TV to the short wall next to the door on one of the bookcase shelves. I can't tell what the other electronics and stuff is in the corner so can't say if there's a better place for them, but with the bookcase on the short wall they possibly be moved down the wall farther.
  • zazfuzzroc
    9 år siden
    If you are working with what is in the room, then I think move the bed to face the sliding door, if that's possible. And move the tv and sofa down to where the bed is across from each other. It's hard to tell from the pictures if that would work. Hope I helped a bit. :) I love the bold colors, very nice. Good luck. Can't wait to see what you do. :) Also, if you center the bed where it is, is the sofa too wide to fit at the end of the bed? Maybe sizes of furniture may help others, help you. Good luck. :)
  • zazfuzzroc
    9 år siden
    @rocketjcat, sorry, our posts crossed. :)
  • PRO
    CDR Design, LLC
    9 år siden
    I agree with centering the bed on the back wall/sofa at end of bed/tv on wall where picture is now.

I would eliminate that high shelf. Not sure what all the electronics. are?
  • Nancy
    Forfatter
    9 år siden
    Thanks for all the input. Here is how we had it before but it still didn't leave us enough floor space.
    The biggest problem is where you enter the room and having to maneuver by all the furniture to get to the bed
  • rocketjcat
    9 år siden
    It looks good in the before picture. But I would put the love seat straight on at the end of the bed like a footboard and eliminate the ottoman. There's just too much furniture for the space.
  • PRO
    CDR Design, LLC
    9 år siden
    Right.....too much furniture. Suggestions:

1) move chair to the foot of the bed, facing straight out. You might have to eliminate the ottoman.

2) Since you use the bed only a few times/year, remove the bed. Buy a pull-out sofa and place it on one of the long walls. Place the tv across from it on the other long wall. (I can't say which, because I am not sure about windows.

3) Same as #2, but buy 2 fold-out chairs and a half. (they fold-out to beds.

4) Keep bed, but buy a smaller chair to place by the window.
  • PRO
    LDK for Home & Garden
    9 år siden
    How often do you use the room and what activities, aside from occasional guest room, take place in the space?
  • zazfuzzroc
    9 år siden
    How's the room coming along? Any changes? :)
  • Nancy
    Forfatter
    9 år siden
    Been away for the winter so haven't done anything yet. Am likely going to do some molding part way up the wall and possibly put a chair in there rather than the love seat. It will be a work in progress and likely change as I go along.
    I have a old TV cabinet that I may convert into a guest cupboard stocked with coffee, coffee pot and snacks, clean linens, et .
  • Nancy
    Forfatter
    9 år siden
    Bed has been centered again for better use.
  • Nancy
    Forfatter
    9 år siden
    This bedroom is on the inside of this ugly cottage I am looking for advice on as well. See other post
  • Carolyn Elfman Kidd
    9 år siden
    Well first of all, while very pretty..the headboard is much too large for the room. Could you put the bed on the other wall?
  • partim
    9 år siden

Turn the bed so it faces the window. Since it is only used a few times a year, push it against the wall, and pull it away when you have guests. Put the TV on the short wall.

• PRO
    ASVInteriors
    9 år siden

Have you thought of investing in a really good sofa bed? I think you are trying to keep too much in this room. A sofabed would allow you so much more room to maneuver.

Pro you use this room as a TV room? Why have you so much equipment on the shelf?

• Nancy
    Forfatter
    9 år siden
    I think we just haven't put a lot of thought into the room. We don't use it often and have been concentrating on other parts of the cottage. I agree too much furniture.
    Thought of Murphy bed as well
  • PRO
    ASVInteriors
    9 år siden

I think once you declutter and then plan what you really want to use the room for, you will find it is easier to design around its intended purpose. It just needs a little TLC

• PRO
    EPDM Coatings LLC
    sidste år

very beautiful bedroom.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.