emhutch

Are Succulents Still Trending?

Emily Hutchinson
9 år siden
It seems like over the last couple of years succulents have seen a massive increase in popularity. From the garden, to windowsills, these low-maintenance plants find pride of place in every home. What are your thoughts on succulents?
Love them and can't get enough
They are okay, maybe not worth all the hype
Succulents suck

(3) kommentarer

• PRO
    Build House Home
    9 år siden
    I keep adding more to my home. They are the perfect plant, don't need much care and look fab for months on end
  • PRO
    Luxeporch
    9 år siden
    Agree all of the above! Plus they look awesome
  • PRO
    Annie Cass Landscapes
    7 år siden

Everything depends on context. Succulents are native to dry, rocky or sandy places. People often mix them with plants from wetter places, and although they may grow well they never quite look right. I see too many gardens where they're mixed with palms and orchids and it just ends up looking like a collection of plants rather than a considered environment. For me, a really good garden looks as if nature, in a spectacularly good mood, just put it there. The hand of man should never show. Use succulents as you would any other plant, in conditions and company in which they would otherwise grow.

They need too much light to be good houseplants long term, too.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.