crc11

Do you know of any similar looking wood siding that do not have to be

crc11
9 år siden
Do you know of any similar looking wood siding that do not have to be sealed in southern Michigan? I love the look, but do not want the maintenance of re-staining every three years. Thank you.
Vineyard Home · Mere information

(4) kommentarer

• PRO
    Mikiten Architecture
    9 år siden
    I wouldn't recommend a stained siding like this for the harsh Michigan winters. You would want to at least use a full-bodied stain (lots of pigment in it) to protect the wood, and that would obscure a lot of the wood grain and character. There are certainly paint schemes and wood pattern choices that you could make that could convey the feeling of a rustic barn without actually having unfinished wood. We were lucky that the Livermore, CA climate allows this treatment.
  • ptownsw
    9 år siden
    I have used a product called Clear Wood Finish (CWF) that comes in a clear, redwood, or driftwood stain colors to protect the western cedar on my home that has lasted 15 years before I put it on again. Be sure to put it on thick or have it sprayed on so that it seeps into the wood.
  • PRO
    Mikiten Architecture
    9 år siden
    Hi crc11 - I don't know of any alternate material with this look for that sort of climate, but ptownsw commented above about a product you might want to look into.
  • ginawatson99
    9 år siden
    Great. Thank you both.
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.