diane_meadows

Master bathroom quandry!

Diane Meadows
9 år siden
I need help! We have Normandy granite (exotic Brazil?) countertops and a driftwood looking tile with a flat riverstone inset. None of these things seem to blend together and I thought that changing out the riverstone would be the easiest way to pull the countertop and tile together. But I am stumped. I don't know what to get. The granite is so bold and busy and the tile has vertical stridatuons. Can someone point me in the right direction, if possible? Can this be pulled together somehow? Thank you so much in advance! What a nightmare for me with limited design genes!

(14) kommentarer

• PRO
    Jeffress Stone
    9 år siden
    are you willing to get new counters in your bathroom?
    Diane Meadows thanked Jeffress Stone
  • Diane Meadows
    Forfatter
    9 år siden
    Jeffress, No, I want to keep the countertop and the tile. I was hoping that I could tie them together somehow. Big challenge for ya!
  • PRO
    Jeffress Stone
    9 år siden
    Yes, quite a challenge alright! Maybe gold curtains or thresholds.
    Diane Meadows thanked Jeffress Stone
  • Diane Meadows
    Forfatter
    9 år siden
    Hayleydaniels, agreed. I see all of the gold in the granite but I don't want to embrace it. I like the brown, black and cream of the granite and it has some grey that compliments the grey tile. At this pount, I am thinking that I should tear out the riverstone and tile above it and maybe put a neutral tumbled travertine. Keeping it simple.
  • 1cats1
    9 år siden
    Travertine sounds like a winner to me. I doubt you can get the river rock out without damage as well.
    Diane Meadows thanked 1cats1
  • hayleydaniels
    9 år siden
    Can you post a picture of the entire room so we can see how this looks from afar? I suspect it may look better overall than it does close up--kind of like focusing solely on your nose or ears rather than your whole face when looking in the mirror. The colors go well together.
  • Diane Meadows
    Forfatter
    9 år siden
    Hi! Here are two more pics. Any ideas you have, please share! And Thank You for taking the time to look at this! I really appreciate it!
  • halfpint2
    9 år siden
    Would you consider painting the tile surrounding the tube? You could leave the river rock section the same color, and go lighter with the other tile. Perhaps a couple shades darker then the wall.
  • Diane Meadows
    Forfatter
    9 år siden
    Yes, I could paint it. That would be the easier and least expensive fix! I absolutely agree with you about doing something around the bath. I am not an interior designer but it just seems like it needs a neutral break between the granite and tile.
  • User
    9 år siden
    Great solution halfpint2. That continuous line of granite and tile throws off the look. Please don't introduce travertine to the mix.
  • acm
    9 år siden
    Honestly, in the larger view, the colors go together pretty well, with the striated tile picking up the vein in the granite. What looks problematic is the reddish grout around the river rocks -- maybe you could get a more neutral-colored grout (or grout paint, essentially) and change that to something tan or grey and you wouldn't feel the clash as much. I honestly think that the bathroom as a whole is triking, and once you've put some kind of coordinating towels and rugs (again, tan, cream, maybe greyish) in there, you might stop feeling so wrought about this...
  • betsyherp
    9 år siden
    I would paint the river rock the same color as your dark cabinets... I think that would tie it all together
  • Diane Meadows
    Forfatter
    9 år siden
    acm and betsyherp, y'all have been so helpful and encouraging! I am so happy I brought this issue to HOUZZ! I knew I would get sound, helpful direction on how to make this work and make me feel better about the bath! Thank you for your thoughtfulness and time! I appreciate it very much!
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.