emmelinewe

Buyer's regrets

Emmeline Westin
9 år siden
Do you recognise this feeling: you walk past your favourite shop (or you browse online), you don't really need anything, but you still walk in. You buy something and feel quite content. Soon enough, you regret your purchase and you just want to return it or throw it away.

Do you have any items in your home that you regret buying? If so, tell us what it is! Photos are as always encouraged.

Bridgehampton · Mere information

(5) kommentarer

• PRO
    The White Approach
    9 år siden
    I wouldn't regret buying anything in that photo above, except maybe the plant ! If I do have regrets over stuff I just sell them on.
  • Emmeline Westin
    Forfatter
    9 år siden
    Me neither, really nice things in the photo! I wanted to highlight the shopping bags though...
  • alant1000
    9 år siden
    Blimey where do I start?!? My outgoing car was the biggest but that's for another forum..

tom Dixon type copper ball pendant - just shone a small gold beam of light into the table and nothing else.

Long gold-ish sheen curtains across an entire wall covering the back patio doors - made the room look tiny, lasted a few months

White high gloss coffee table - a small lounge and I realised I should have bought a clear glass one (which I now have)

My white Ivory carpets throughout my house - looks good in the magazines but carpet cleaner is out every 2 months.

A big wall mural type wall paper of the japanese wave in the spare room - looked rubbish

I'm already a bit bored of my George Nelson eye clock

A few art prints which looked awful in the flesh, too big

I'm about to get rid of my large 80s swatch maxi wall clock, just looks too OTT

Pretty much every plant I ever put in the back garden, I can't leave a garden centre without buying a plant!

All my plumen pendants (qty 4) which are slowly but surely going!! They are too low and even I head butt them, I'm only 5'6". They look rubbish if hung too high up with a short drop!

Various small lamps and fixtures along the way. Not to mention the useless kitchen gadgets.

I'm so indecisive, thank god for ebay, which is where most of it ends up!
  • embzop
    9 år siden
    My chesterfield sofa was my biggest regret. Loved the look of it but it was so uncomfortable. The seat was too low and their wasn't enough padding / springs. After several months of discomfort I sold it on ebay and bought a superb, high quality second had sofa that looks good and is comfy.
  • soozmacrae
    9 år siden
    Not so much buying regrets, but 'not' buying regrets I have so many. lol
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.