bilety

What color to paint this house?

bilety
9 år siden
sidst ændret:9 år siden
I tried to take on this project last year but was held up by work inside - the painters are finally coming... I debated this for a while and decided on a classic look: white and black (considered gray, yellow, beige). I am looking for a great white (I live in Charlotte NC) - thinking of BM China White on the body (should trim be the same color in differrent sheen?) not sure about color of shutters - plain black or off black (i.e. BM Iron Mountain)? Any suggestions? Also, what to do about the ugly concrete stairs? Paint them, resurface them with brick (this may be expensive)? The landscaping project will follow...

(4) kommentarer

• delyanks
    9 år siden
    I'd stick with the same white. Black shutters will be beautiful but stay true black. For the stairs put treads on them like a bluestone or granite or even marble (slippery) and do a stone or brick veneer on the risers unless you choose marble. It will be less expensive than you think.
  • User
    9 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}9 år siden
    What a gorgeous home! Off-black may look faded, I'd stick with classic true black or a black/green like SW Black Emerald in a semi-gloss or even a gloss. A gloss sheen will hold up really well and add some impact.
  • PRO
    JudyG Designs
    9 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}9 år siden
    My experience with china white is it often takes on a grayish dirty look.

I'd go with BM Super White and a true black shutter and glossy deep red front door.

Park Hill House · Mere information
  • PRO
    Joyce Danko Design
    9 år siden
    The PAINT should precede the "white" or "black" color, as you are going for high contrast, spending much $$ and it should perform and last! Low lustre usually on body of house, satin on trim and shutters. Front door satin or semi. If you know what is standard, then you can choose, but you will need to see what sheens are offered in the best products. No more oils exterior, VOC regulations. SW white is grayer than BM white. Factory white paint was about high opacity, not color. That is what became "classic" about it. Do you have time to experiment with NUANCES of "white recipes" affected by large scale, outside reflected light, contrasts in setting, sheen levels,.. If not, talk to a paint professional at a store! Sherwin Williams' DURATION or Ben Moore's AURA Exterior line. The porch floor,is it gray? steps can be painted same color for flow, in proper porch and floor paint.
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.