zeusss44

Help Choosing an area rug for home office.

zeusss44
9 år siden
I need help choosing an area rug for my home office. It is the first room that you walk into in my house and the furniture is so neutral but I don't know what colors will go with the black furniture and white wainscoting on the walls. I want to add color. I tried a black and white rug and it looked so bland.

(28) kommentarer

• leelee
    9 år siden
    Can you switch your home office to another room so that it's not the first room you walk into as you enter your home?
  • leelee
    9 år siden
    What ever room you use, try turning the desk so that you face the open room (your back would then be against the wall). Desk would be moved out about 3 feet from the wall to give your chair space to move. Center desk on wall and don't put it in the corner.
  • leelee
    9 år siden
    Center the credenza behind the desk on the same wall. Similar to this set up.
  • Maureen
    9 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}9 år siden
    Adding the rug, but also adding more prints above the credenza which I would also suggest you placing on the back wall - will make the room much more interesting. For a rug choice, I would select a bold graphic that incorporated your wall color.
  • Colleen Lucas
    9 år siden
    What are your favorite colors? Look for rug which has those colors in them. Also if you are so inclined you could use one of the colors on one wall and also in items you get for your desk and in the pictures you will get as you add to your collection. Have fun with this and remember that not everyone can afford to get it all at once.
  • hayleydaniels
    9 år siden
    I would use the rug and art work to bring some color into the room.

EORC KIL1MU8X10 8' x 10' Area Rug · Mere information

OS232BG Beige Euro Home OS232 Beige Rug, 8'2x9'10 · Mere information

EORC T66RD8X10 8' x 10' Area Rug · Mere information

EORC OS560-8X10 8' x 10' Area Rug · Mere information

The Residence · Mere information

Waterway Penthouse · Mere information

Tuscan Style Home by Jim Boles Custom Homes · Mere information

Home Office ideas · Mere information
  • dommatt1
    9 år siden
    i would consider bringing in some of the colors from your artwork to your rug...here are few that i just glanced through on Joss & Main
  • dommatt1
    9 år siden
    couple more...
    zeusss44 thanked dommatt1
  • User
    9 år siden
    OH,,, be still my heart.... love that ceiling anne dee;))
  • PRO
    Monique Castonguay Design
    9 år siden
    Leelee's suggestions about taking your desk away from the wall is excellent.
  • PRO
    Monique Castonguay Design
    9 år siden
    And Dommat11 carpet suggestions would nicely tie in with your artwork. Just make sure the carpet you choose is big enough. It should cover most of the floor, leaving about 12 to 18 inches of wood flooring showing around the room.
    zeusss44 thanked Monique Castonguay Design
  • mick50
    9 år siden
    I think your room could use softness and color through drapes, etc. Some upholstered chairs would add a lot. In the green picture, the black and white rug works because of the colored wallpaper. You could add any pattern and color wallpaper above your wainscoting. Depends on other rooms.
    North Houston Country French · Mere information

zeusss44 thanked mick50
  • mick50
    9 år siden
    By the way...LOVE your art!
    zeusss44 thanked mick50
  • User
    9 år siden
    Yes, teal would be beautiful. Esp the deep colored one Dommatt...suggested with photo.
  • Chandlar Olson
    9 år siden
    I looks to me that your office has more of a contemporary feel :) Since you feel your room is bland and needs a pop of something bright to spice it up, I found this rug that has subtle pops of color and a nice pattern to add more dynamics to your office. It still fits the contemporary theme to your office while adding a pattern to enhance the space. Let me know what you think! Thanks. -Chandlar Olson :)

P.S. Here's a link to the rug if you decide you wanna check it out!
    http://www.westelm.com/products/mosaic-triangles-wool-dhurrie-wave-t976/?pkey=crugs-flooring&cm_src=rugs-flooring||NoFacet-_-NoFacet-_--_-
    zeusss44 thanked Chandlar Olson
  • zeusss44
    Forfatter
    9 år siden
    Thank you all for your awesome advice! I ordered the dark teal rug that dommatt1 suggested. It was perfect because I already had a credit at Joss & Main! I am going to rearrange the desk and other furniture as lee lee suggested, and I am considering adding a window covering and either paint or wallpaper. Thank you to everyone who gave me such fabulous advice! :)
  • dommatt1
    9 år siden
    That's awesome. I love joss & main. They have beautiful things and prices a great. I happy that I could help out. Enjoy your office.
  • User
    9 år siden
    You picked the best one. Love that dark teal.
  • PRO
    Classic Custom Cabinetry
    9 år siden
    A lovely printed rug would be nice or a cream color one if you're the minimalist type.
  • Corneliazz Zermatt
    9 år siden
    Wainscoting comes from a time they liked oriental style carpets on wooden floors. It would add some colour and style. Just search images in Google for 'oriental carpet' to start.
  • PRO
    Old New House
    9 år siden
    You have beautiful tone-on-tone and excellent contrast as well. Overall the room has a very sophisticated and classy feel, so you're going to want something that appeals to what you already have: I think you will find faded / blanched soft-spoken vintage rugs in our shop to be an easy and viable means to furnishing the area rug dilemma. http://oldnewhouse.com/collections/rugs/vintage-rugs Below are a few that would look stunning!
  • PRO
    RugKnots | Area Rugs
    9 år siden
    Your space is elegant and modern. I like your taste based on the artworks that I see (aside from artisan rugs, I'm passionate about artworks). I suggest, an artisan rug that's also a statement piece. Something with distinctive colors but still has hints of your furniture's colors (brown, black, bit of blue and green) to tie up the space.

Visit my shop and just message me if you have questions.
  • Amy Stoddard
    9 år siden
    Use a low-pile Flor tile from www.flor.com. Literally hundreds of styles to choose from. I balked at the price, but finally put them all over my own house. They're totally worth it.
  • PRO
    Floortrends Ltd
    9 år siden
    I love the soft buttery colour on the walls... here are some rugs I like that are fairly inexpensive but would allow you to bring in some colour:
  • PRO
    Floortrends Ltd
    9 år siden
    and a few more... I don't know what your style is in terms of modern or traditional but hopefully you find one that speaks to you! If none of these work I also liked the turquoise ones that were suggested a bit earlier in the thread by #dommatt1. All the rugs I suggested are from http://www.americanrugcraftsmen.com/ but I would also try www.owrugs.com too.
  • sunaofe
    sidste år

I can't help you with a rug. But I can suggest ergonomic furniture that will be useful for your health.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.