littleoaktree

Kitchen design - drawer line vs high line units

littleoaktree
9 år siden
Just wondering if there are any disadvantages to using a drawer line cupboard unit (1000 wide). Will the drawers make the cupboard space less usable. Or does the advantage of two more drawers out weigh this?

Hi oneplan if you read this :-)

(12) kommentarer

• Simon
    9 år siden
    I prefer using high-line cupboards as I think they provide a better 'look' and finish to the kitchen. I'd recommend fitting internal drawers as required which you can open after you've opened the high line door.
  • PRO
    Anthony Edwards Kitchens
    9 år siden
    Wide drawers work better, a 1000 wide draw will give you more space than two 500's and importantly you have four internal corners and not eight !
  • littleoaktree
    Forfatter
    9 år siden
    Thanks for the comments.
    I certainly agree about wide drawers in general and will have two lovely big sets of drawers.

But I do need a cupboard for appliances and stuff that just doesn't work in drawers - was just trying to weigh up whether to have drawers in it or not. I will ask the supplier about internal drawers too.
  • PRO
    OnePlan
    9 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}9 år siden
    Hello!!! ;-)

Drawers at the bottom might work better if you really need the extra drawers - won't impede access to your mixer / blender / small appliances etc ! Could keep the smaller attachments in them?!
    Dependent on weight involved you could consider roll out shelves ?!
  • PRO
    Lisa's Kitchen Design Company
    9 år siden
    I prefer the look of a high line door so would go with internal drawers, but wide sets of drawers can look very classy. Be careful with quality when looking at any drawers, especially wide one's. Make sure the runners are metal, go all the way back so that the drawer is fully accessible. Also that the base and sides are solid and of course soft close. All those things will mean you can have lovely big drawer systems and keep using them for a long long time!
  • PRO
    Steve Morrow Kitchens
    9 år siden
    I also think it depends on the style of the kitchen. A traditional kitchen can look very nice with drawerline units all round but a modern handle less for example would look better with a couple of big drawer units IMO
    The good thing about drawerline is the drawers do not really get in the way of things you want to put on the shelf below unless the item is very tall. The bad thing is if you have drawline all round most of the drawer could possibly end up filled with junk seeing as they are not very tall drawer ( mainly used for cutlery).
    The big pan drawer units are great for storage. Lots of inserts can go in them to get yourself ultra organised and the drawers slides out for easy access as opposed to a shelf unit where you have to reach into the unit to get what you want.
    As already said if you feel you have use for extra cutlery drawers but do not want the aesthetics of a drawline go for internal drawers
  • littleoaktree
    Forfatter
    9 år siden
    Thanks all.
  • PRO
    OnePlan
    9 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}9 år siden
    adding this here - due to ease of copy paste !

'Chart of London City - Grey' Window Film National Maritime Museum · Mere information

Static Cling Window Film: Filippa · Mere information

Static Cling Window Films: Antwerpen · Mere information

food for though !! (well actually film for glass doors!)
  • poollover
    9 år siden
    Drawers everywhere possible, you can reach everything.
  • littleoaktree
    Forfatter
    9 år siden
    One plan - bloody brilliant idea. I've used window film before on my back door and it is very successful!
  • PRO
    OnePlan
    9 år siden
    :-) yay !!
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.