tommyflan

POLL: Do you use a dryer?

Tom Flanagan
9 år siden
There's nothing worse than not having any clean and dry clothes, especially in the winter time, which is why many of us invest in a dryer to have clothes warm and dry for us sooner.

I've always been a bit hesitant about using a dryer, so I'm looking to you all for some answers - do you use a dryer or prefer to air your washing out? Cast your vote and let me know!
Handmade In-Frame Kitchen in Old White · Mere information
Yes - it's so convenient!
No - I don't trust it
Sometimes...

(13) kommentarer

• Tony McIntyre
    9 år siden
    It's the best thing! I have one and use it all the time because it's always raining in Ireland!
  • PRO
    Steve Morrow Kitchens
    9 år siden
    They are good but if you are thinking of fitting one into a new kitchen there are a couple of things to consider with the integrated ones.
    1 being the plinth will need to come out further than the rest of the units on the same run as they do not have a plinth space like integrated washing machines and dishwashers etc and you will need to fit a ventilation grill which makes it stand out even more.
    2. if you want a condenser you have to spend a lot of money to get a integrated one

If on the other hand you are thinking of free standing non of the above applies and you can warm you clothes on those cold winter mornings we have a coming :)
  • cavgirl
    9 år siden
    If I'm feeling really cold I often throw my dressing gown into the dryer for a few minutes. Warms you up in no time!
  • Average Jo
    9 år siden
    A dryer for the sheets and towels… clothes racks for everything else.
  • em2020
    9 år siden
    I put it in the garage out of the way. Plus I think if you dry indoors you are more susceptible to mould
  • crowningfashion
    8 år siden

Nothing beats the fresh air smell of laundry fresh from the line. However, for convience and to help keep on top of the laundry most things go in the dryer unless it is a warm summer day. The cost is kept down by airing clothes first on a clothes horse for 24 hours. This tends to half the time items are needing in the dryer.

• Kittihawke
    7 år siden
    That sounds like a good idea to air dry and then finish in the dryer but you are then making two jobs out of one. We had a dryer but the husband put every load through two cycles to ensure they were dry and even had it on when the sun was splitting the rocks on the day (singular) of Summer we tend to get here in Ireland. So when it broke down I didn't get it fixed! The new sensor heat pumps with pin locks are tempting me though....
  • catherinehale7
    7 år siden
    Have installed a pulleymaid in utility room which is fab. Have tumble dryer but this is for rainy days and heavy towels and linen. The rest goes on the rack!
  • PRO
    Pamela Langbridge Curtains and Upholstery
    7 år siden

Cuts down on the ironing and removes the dog and cat hair which is necessary in my home

• Denise Ashe
    7 år siden

I would be lost without my dryer, even in summertime when I take the clothes off the washing line I put them in the dryer with loads of bounce sheets, especially towels, they can get quite hard having been out on the line. :-)

• lisa77226
    7 år siden
    Bounce sheets on towels coats them in a film that reduces absorbency. Same with liquid fabric softener. I use the dryer too for towels but leave the bounce out.
  • PRO
    Love Out Loud Designs Ltd
    7 år siden

No I don't use a tumble dryer as I have this terrific product called BoneyDry which is designed to fit into an airing cupboard and dry's my laundry remarkably quickly.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.