masilva123

Kitchen in need of some loving

masilva123
9 år siden
I have my new home in Carmel California. And I need to update my kitchen, it is incredibly outdated. I would like to keep the color of my cabinets and keep the appliances. But I need to change the countertop, remove the mirror backsplash, and possibly get a new farm sink.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks in advanced!

(10) kommentarer

• hayleydaniels
    9 år siden
    Looks fine to me.
  • Jolene
    9 år siden
    I would change anything but the greenery over the window. Maybe a roman shade there if you need privacy. I think once your stuff is in it will be fine. Maybe nice paint on the walls.
  • Maureen
    9 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}9 år siden
    You're probably just tired of your kitchen, but it still feels modern and with just a few changes...you may love it again. A farmhouse sink would be lovely and also suggest changing the backsplash to Carerra marble (2nd picture), add blue roman blinds and a runner, and a hanging farmhouse type fixture (1st pic) over the sink and some blue pottery on the window ledge.
    Shady Grove Kitchen · Mere information
  • groveraxle
    9 år siden
    I agree with the other comments. It's beautiful as it is. If this were my kitchen, I would change the backsplash to match the counters--perhaps black subway tile--put in a wood floor, and remove the greenery over the window. Finished!
  • sacapuntaslapioz
    9 år siden
    It is NOT outdated. paint in a greige that pick up the colors of the floor and does not make the wood look yellowish and remove that thing over the window. Lovely kitchen congratulations
    [houzz=
    Lincoln Park Residence · Mere information
    ]
  • MotherOfGiants
    9 år siden
    What material is the counter? I agree with the others that it looks good, but I can understand if the material is less than desirable and you want something more durable.

I can also see that a mirrored backsplash might not be everyone's cup of tea, but I think you'd want to keep it light, maybe something like tumbled stone?
  • PRO
    Home ReNewal Painting & Cabinet Refinshing
    9 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}9 år siden
    Jazzing up the walls would be nice and effective. I have seen a farmhouse sink installed and what had to happen was to loose most of the area directly under the existing sink to a cut out and making two new shorter doors. You may be able to have a granite company cut out the granite without removing the old, removal and re-install, I hear, is expensive. I am guessing the cabinets need to be toned up with some new clear and maybe get a furniture touch up guy to tweak any minor issues with wear. You could also glaze the grooves before re-coating.
  • rainigirl
    8 år siden

Change the color on the walls. Ditch the greenery above sink and maybe replace the flooring. It looks very nice as is.

• susanalanandwrigley
    8 år siden

Original post from December, I think she probably already made her changes :) (Although she appears to have never returned to the thread, so who knows)

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.